basking light

grandcarrera

It is very dumb question but do i need to turn basking light for my chameleon all day? or no cos I put thermometer under that basking light it like 100 F so i turn it off.

So how many watt do I need for this case ?

5f3ec8bf.jpg

Your basking and UVB light should be on for 12 hours each day.

You should try a lower wattage bulb so that you can get your temps to where they need to be.

you need to lower your basking temp. Depending on what type of chameleon you have and how old will determine what temp you will need. 100 is too hot no matter what age or species. What are you using for a basking bulb?

you need to lower your basking temp. Depending on what type of chameleon you have and how old will determine what temp you will need. 100 is too hot no matter what age or species. What are you using for a basking bulb?

i know and that why he didn't eat that much cos when i turn it off he start eating

You dont what? I dont understand what you are saying.

I think?? he was saying that he knows he is not suppose to have that high of watts on his light, and he was not eating when the light was on because it was so hot? Which does not make sense with his original question.

BTW.. try and type with correct words and punctuations for the reason of what just happened.. Sometimes we cant read what you are actually saying and have to guess.

I think?? he was saying that he knows he is not suppose to have that high of watts on his light, and he was not eating when the light was on because it was so hot? Which does not make sense with his original question.

BTW.. try and type with correct words and punctuations for the reason of what just happened.. Sometimes we cant read what you are actually saying and have to guess.

Sorry for that because I'm in hurry; Anyway I try to say that maybe it is too hot for him that why he didn't eat that much because when i turn that light off he start eating again. And my question is how may watt of basking light do I need for my case?

I would use like a 40 watt bulb. If you have a young veild you want your basking temp to be about 80-82, adults about 5 degrees higher. Adult panthers can bask as high as 90 degrees. You can have a higher watt bulb but you might have to adjust your light up higher or your basking branch lower to achieve the desired temp. You can play around with it or use a 60 watt and work with that.

You should definitely measure the temps. It should not be that hot.

However, if it's just really hot where you are (not likely right now) then turning off the basking light is probably okay for a day or two. Sometimes it does get to be 90+ degrees. When that happens, turning the heat lights off is appropriate.

But, your lights making it "too hot" means it's time to change the lighting.

I know now why it getting too hot for him cos it

594a5edc.jpg

I feel bad for him right now

I hope it didn't hurt him.

b6e819ab.jpg

120ea4a8.jpg

99a32934.jpg

5df1b2af.jpg

This is him right now so I hope he is ok but he didn't eat that much tho.

ahh hes a cute little guy just a youngin from the looks of it. looks pretty good to me just make sure his poop has some bright white at the begining so know he is good and hydrated.

There's nothing intrinsically wrong with that bulb, you just had it too close to the cage. I have that type of bulb about 6 inches over a reptibreeze cage and my basking temp is 80 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom