Basking light

Brianinsocal

I had jacksons over 25 years ago. Now I am starting again. I have a question about the basking bulb. In the area of information on this forum it says to use a white bulb. Of course Petsmart sold me a blue basking bulb.

Am I correct in assuming that the white basking light is a regular "A" lamp or household bulb?

Thanks,
Brian

Yes, most of us just use regular household light bulbs. I've never had Jackson's, but I'm sure if you look on the Chameleon Care Sheet they can give you a recommended wattage. Of course always factor in the temperature of your home, and I usually buy a couple different wattages and experiment to get the correct temperature.

If you have not used it, id return it. 4 packs of normal bulbs cost about a dollar sometimes. So you could get 16 bulbs for the price of that one.

Id star t with a 40w and go from there

Last edited:
I had jacksons over 25 years ago. Now I am starting again. I have a question about the basking bulb. In the area of information on this forum it says to use a white bulb. Of course Petsmart sold me a blue basking bulb.

Am I correct in assuming that the white basking light is a regular "A" lamp or household bulb?

Thanks,
Brian

youre talking about a blue day blub right? i use a 40 watt which i would get

If you have not used it, id return it. 4 packs of normal bulbs cost about a dollar sometimes. So you could get 16 bulbs for the price of that one.

Id star t with a 40w and go from there

I have not used it so I will return it. Thanks

youre talking about a blue day blub right? i use a 40 watt which i would get

They are describing a regular household bulb. I installed one a few hours ago and it is working like a charm!

Back
Top Bottom