Basking Free Range...

Decadancin

Moderatoris Americanus
Staff member
Hey Guys,

I am trying to come up with ideas for a free range on my lanai that can be "almost" escape proof, and still look nice. I have no-see-um screen on the screen enclosure and would hate for Zaphod to get his nails into that! :eek: I have an idea for a plant (Hibiscus or something that can get pretty good sized) in a planter in the middle, and a catch area for the bottom that he could not climb if he dropped to the floor. He would only be able to get back on the plant.

Anyone know if Jatropha is cham safe? Great lookin' plant but I don't remember seeing this on any lists.

Thanks for any advice you may have ;).

I'm not sure about the Jatropha but you should check out Jannb's pictures because she has all kinds of free ranges.

Heres a picture of my free range on my lanai. I started with only the desk and a hibiscus and it grew to what it is now. I wouldn't be worried about your cham climbing on the screen. My cham has had no problems with it. And my cham always tried different unsafe ways to make it to the floor so I just built a couple pathways for him to get to the floor insted of him sliding down the side of a pot or something. Hope it helps!

Attachments

• photo (44).jpg
    photo (44).jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 182
I'm not sure about the Jatropha but you should check out Jannb's pictures because she has all kinds of free ranges.

Thanks! I should be able to see them in person real soon! ;)

Heres a picture of my free range on my lanai. I started with only the desk and a hibiscus and it grew to what it is now. I wouldn't be worried about your cham climbing on the screen. My cham has had no problems with it. And my cham always tried different unsafe ways to make it to the floor so I just built a couple pathways for him to get to the floor insted of him sliding down the side of a pot or something. Hope it helps!

Very cool! Your chams have a great view! I have to worry about the screen because it is a full cage. If he gets up top I wont be able to get him down! Plus, with the no-see-um screen, the openings are tiny. He would definitely get some claws stuck!

Back
Top Bottom