Basking bulbs

I have a few basking bulbs but none of them seem to work well. i have a small reptibreeze cage and with the 60 watt bulb the basking area only gets to the low-mid 70s but when i tried 75 watt it went up to 100 degrees. I have been using the 60 watt but I would like to know of any other good bulbs to keep the right temperature.

What you might want to do is put a simple in line dimmer switch on you power cord to your dome. That way, you can run the higher wattage bulb and then adjust it to the proper temp.
You can buy a dimmer for less than $1.50 on ebay. It is an online switch the takes a couple of minutes to attach to the lamp cord. You just need a Phillip's screw driver and a razor blade to cut the wire. Comes in white and brown and you can put it anywhere on the cord. I have mine a couple of inches from the lamp so I don't have to search for it.

https://www.iqlightbulbs.com/satco_80_2337_ivory_200w_hi_low_dimmer_switch_for_spt_2.asp

You can always try moving the heat lamp further above, or do the dimmer switch like Morgan suggested.

i have a exo terra daylight basking lamb that is 150 watts on my mesh cage and it is suspended above the cage about 5"

the basking spot for my veiled chameleon is 90F at the very top and it goes to about 72F near the bottom of the cage.

I was thinking that 150 watt would be to much but on a mesh cage it seems to be working fine.

any thoughts

Back
Top Bottom