Basking Bulbs. Help

PickleKing23

Recently Ive seen people talking about basking bulbs, like the zoomed and Exo terra, causing sunburns to their chameleons and people are advising not to use them. Is this true? If so whats a better option for a bulb that I should use for my veilied chameleon. My house is around 72-75 f every day.

the heat bulb shouldn't be sitting right on top of the cage , the light should be kept about 6 inches away from the cage .if you cant rest your hand under the basking area its to hot .

another option would be an incandescent light . iv never used them but some people have had successful using these .

So would I have the bulb 6 inches away from the cage and highest perching spot or just one or the other? People say they get burned because the bulbs concentrate too much heat.

the heat bulb shouldn't be sitting right on top of the cage , the light should be kept about 6 inches away from the cage .if you cant rest your hand under the basking area its to hot .

another option would be an incandescent light . iv never used them but some people have had successful using these .
I have a 4x2x2 enclosure with a 2.5 yo panther. I have a dome with a 45 watt halogen sitting on the screen in the back corner and it works perfectly. The basking branch is angled down from the corner towards mid cage and crosses over a horizontal branch about a foot down.

For years I've used regular household incandescent light bulbs for basking. Use the wattage that produces the temperature you need in the basking area.

Back
Top Bottom