Baron :)

Tatooineboy

Taken this morning. He looks good in this first two, but in the last? Not so much: maybe its because he is trying to crawl away? All of these weren taken at the same time.

Comments are welcome.

hpim0201.jpg

hpim0202.jpg

hpim0205.jpg

Dank, you think so? I'm just worried because he isn't eating in front of me, lol. He is sneaky, though.

I just ordered the suppliments w/ D3 and w/out D3 for the dusting of crickets, so, when that arrives, I'll be dusting them :)

Thanks for the compliments!

Last edited:
I've switched to the 1/4 & 1/2 crickets and he is eating like a pig. Probably 15 or so a day. An appetite is good for a youngling :)

make sure you take a lot of photos over the next 6 months, you'd never believe how much they change month to month, he will start to get his tiger stripes pretty soon as well as his dots

make sure you take a lot of photos over the next 6 months, you'd never believe how much they change month to month, he will start to get his tiger stripes pretty soon as well as his dots

I will :) His stripes are much stronger when he turns brownish colors. Maybe its the contrast between the white and brown that makes it so much more obvious.

Additionally, the 'feeder container' idea works wonders! I just dump a few crickets in there and they start moving out, then Baron will slowly move his way out onto the branch above the feeder and just flicks his tongue. Hah.

that was taken at 9 months when I sold him, but obviously he is a lot bigger than most veiled at that age, given that he is a BEAST

Yay!

I come home from work to see all sorts of shedded skin along the bottom of the cage :)

Baron had a very nice (and relatively quick) shedding! His skin was so nice and shiney.

New picture!

I re-opened his cage so it is now the full 48" and he is much happier! Plus, he can hide much better too, so he is more comfortable.

You folks weren't kidding about growing. Since his first shed, he has continued to grow a bit ;) Additionally, he adores roaches! When I was feeding him just crickets, he was kinda patient about waiting until I left the room to eat but now with the roaches, he moves down to the feeder cup almost immediately.

Anyways, here is an updated picture of him. As stated before, he is camera shy, so he was already starting to move back into the foilage to avoid me. The photo doesn't show it, but some tints of yellow are becoming more prominent along his sides.

l_870bf5ad0cd447393dab14edc0616566.jpg

Comments welcome!

He looks good. Can you show us some pictures of his cage? It look slike he has a lot of vines, which is good.

Thanks!

And here. The first one turned out better than the second. Not sure what happened with the camera :(

I have three potted Pothos along a small shelf in the back and a large Scheffelera plant in the front. Several vines of various lengths/girth interlock with the wooden bar that goes across the top and then intertwines with the plants, so Baron can move easily to and fro the foilage. The wire mesh continues along the bottom for easily drainage/mess clean-up.

l_3b07a92587268e24e20cd30b26fcb4cb.jpg

l_764046e624ab73cdeb5e893c391669b7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom