Barnstead Lab-line incubator

dimil

I need some help here and I can't find anything on the Internet...I'm wondering if it's OK to use a Barnstead lab line compact incubator that's 150 watts, and it varies from 47° to 100+° to hatch Panther Chameleon eggs? I can get one of these incubators at a very cheap price. TIA

With any incubator, it is trial and error. I have had some that were supposed to be great and they literally were junk. I've had others that were supposed to be low end that did a better job than the more expensive ones.

I would check out reviews and see what everyone else is saying about this particular model. I think this one is discontinued. You may want to see why, but if you can get it for cheap, I would probably get it. Set it up and run it to see how well it maintains temps and to see if there are any fluctuations. I would want to do that before putting any eggs in it.

With any incubator, it is trial and error. I have had some that were supposed to be great and they literally were junk. I've had others that were supposed to be low end that did a better job than the more expensive ones.

I would check out reviews and see what everyone else is saying about this particular model. I think this one is discontinued. You may want to see why, but if you can get it for cheap, I would probably get it. Set it up and run it to see how well it maintains temps and to see if there are any fluctuations. I would want to do that before putting any eggs in it.
Thank you for your reply. It's only $40 but not sure if there's anything wrong with it. Just concerned if it cools, because living in AZ that's what I need it for. I definately will be testing it before any eggs go into it.

Thank you for your reply. It's only $40 but not sure if there's anything wrong with it. Just concerned if it cools, because living in AZ that's what I need it for. I definately will be testing it before any eggs go into it.

$40.00....that's a steal!!! I would imagine if it is lab quality for cultures, it probably cools rather well. I just looked online and saw that most of the used 150 models are going for over $200.00. I would get it!!

If you do, please let us know how it works out. The majority of the incubators out there are priced for the average consumer are complete junk IMO.

$40.00....that's a steal!!! I would imagine if it is lab quality for cultures, it probably cools rather well. I just looked online and saw that most of the used 150 models are going for over $200.00. I would get it!!

If you do, please let us know how it works out. The majority of the incubators out there are priced for the average consumer are complete junk IMO.
He originally had it listed at $60 but told me he'd take $40. I saw online about the $200ish as well. I currently have an Exo Terra (newer model) and have had pretty good luck with it staying cool enough. NO JINX ALLOWED! LOL
What incubators have you used or are you currently using?
I'll keep this post updated if I get this incubator. Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom