banded crickets...

The banded crickets are loud as heck. They have a real metallic sound if you ask me. They seem to really sit there and chew at the screen enclosure, and that's loud. So I make sure not to leave any wandering around in the enclosures over night.

I've fouind a great supplier: Reptile Realms
1000 crickets for $20
I got my box last Saturday and after four days there were only 3 dead ones, out of the entire batch. Even my son was very surprised.
In addition, Rick is a great guy, excellent customer service. www.reptilerealms.com

they have a 20% discount going on, the code is HERPWORLD ;)
(SORRY rICK, lol)

Doesn't hurt to check em out if you can get them at a less expensive price and higher quality crickets.:):)

i got the crickets yesterday and after a full day of gutloading, i fed them to the chams this morning. i have to say, i'm very surprised at how clean they were compared to the brown crickets. they can jump very high but i didn't have any issues w/ them jumping out of my bins. they do chirp more than the brown crickets but they weren't as loud.

i'm happy w/ them and i think i'm going to make the switch for good. :)

well, after a few days w/ these new crickets my house sounds like we live in the forest. they chirp soooooo much!!!! lol

I like the banded browns personally.
I get them from Ghann's also.
They are a bit smaller, have a different sound, and can hop clean out of their
tub!!
When I stick my are in, they hop all over it! I do loose more because of that,
but they dont bite like those nasty black field crickets :eek:

I like the banded browns personally.
I get them from Ghann's also.
They are a bit smaller, have a different sound, and can hop clean out of their
tub!!
When I stick my are in, they hop all over it! I do loose more because of that,
but they dont bite like those nasty black field crickets :eek:
i do like them better than the brown crickets. just not used to the sound of the jungle yet. LOL

I just fed off my first 100 banded crickets to my frogs (about 2 weeks worth of crix). I love them. I had 0 dead in the bin and a few that I can't feed because they got too big. I've tried every available species (and a few that aren't supposed to be available) these stink no more than the dubia colony and don't die when you look at them funny.

I noticed they plump up well.

They do jump like no other. My cats are very appreciative of this but if your careful not many will get lost.

To me they seem to have less chitin than other species, anyone else notice they seem softer?

They have reeeealy long antennae which might be helpful in triggering a feeding response from hard to feed reptiles.

I'm not sure but they also seem to hide a lot less than other species as well.

For me their smaller adult size is a plus as I'm pretty sure I'll be able to feed full grown adults to Senegals (which I will be getting soon). It always annoyed me when some would just get too big to feed.

Back
Top Bottom