banana?

joseofsa

i have gargoyle geckos and they eat bananas regularly but i end up wasting half of it despite refridgeration and i was wondering if i could use the rest on my veiled chams? thanks
jose

I would not. High in phosphorus and high in sugar.

There is no real good way to save a banana once the skin is removed. I would eat it myself, I love bananas. I would recommend that you never refridgerate them, with or without skin. Never buy them from people who do refridgerate them. Refridgeration only speeds up the decomposition and it seems to stay accelerated once they have been refridgerated.

Better idea with the banana. Get some brown sugar and butter melt in a pan together. Add banana cut in half length wise, carmalize. Add a shot of rum. Set on fire for a good minute or so. Pour banana and sauce over ice cream. Vanilla or coffee flavored ice creams are best. Then you and your gecko can enjoy the tastey treat together.

Last edited:
I would not. High in phosphorus and high in sugar.

There is no real good way to save a banana once the skin is removed. I would eat it myself, I love bananas. I would recommend that you never refridgerate them, with or without skin. Never buy them from people who do refridgerate them. Refridgeration only speeds up the decomposition and it seems to stay accelerated once they have been refridgerated.

Better idea with the banana. Get some brown sugar and butter melt in a pan together. Add banana cut in half length wise, carmalize. Add a shot of rum. Set on fire for a good minute or so. Pour banana and sauce over ice cream. Vanilla or coffee flavored ice creams are best. Then you and your gecko can enjoy the tastey treat together.

mmmmm, tooth ache food. lol

Back
Top Bottom