Banana Roach Supplements?

AJ Salisb

Hi friends!

So I'm fairly new to taking care of my newly adopted chameleon and I have been feeding him some BSF (Mostly because he didn't want the larvae and they turned into flies. But That's fine, he loves them!!). I wanted to get more of a variety of feeders for him and I am looking into getting green banana roaches because they look the least amount like roaches and if my roommates knew I had roaches, they would probably freak out. BUT I want to make sure that he's getting the nutrients that he needs. What sort of supplements should I be using to coat the roaches, and How would I go about doing that? Thanks for any help you can provide!

Supplements for GBRs are the same as for crickets. For example I use Reptivite with D3 every other Sunday and calcium with D3 on the alternate Sunday. Calcium with out D3 the other feedings.

Just a side note. GBRs are a great food source but they are not as easy as some other feeders. You have to dig for them and adults can climb and somewhat fly. They also stay small and dont seem to be as prolific. I know you said your room mates are why you cant raise dubias and I would definitely choose these over crickets but I wanted you to know the ins and outs before you get started.

Full throttle feeders (Nick Barta on this board) offer a good price on GBRs and was satisfied with my transaction with them.

Adult green banana roaches do fly, very well actually. The other day I was misting the enclosure and from the substrate one just flew out across the room. They will also escape their enclosure easily if you're not using a gasket box. I once had one escape and found it's way to the top of my head as I was sleeping

Back
Top Bottom