baking branches/sticks

whysoez420

what is the best temperature and length to keep them in the oven?
I've already washed them so I'm just going to bake them as an extra precaution.
i just want to kill off anything harmful to my cham, I don't care if the baking process makes the wood look better. any help is greatly appreciated.

what is the best temperature and length to keep them in the oven?
I've already washed them so I'm just going to bake them as an extra precaution.
i just want to kill off anything harmful to my cham, I don't care if the baking process makes the wood look better. any help is greatly appreciated.

If you got the branch/stick fresh off a tree, and it didnt have any fungi, or holes in it. Like a sappling's branch. Than a good soak and rinse should do the job. If its a branch that has holes in it from bugs burrowing in it, than I would bake it at 350^F for like 20 minutes and you should be good.

I baked mine at about 250F for 2-3 hours, but I already had mold growth on them and I have been soaking mine for 24 h beforehand. Also those were pretty big and fat pieces, so I was paranoid about risking with higher temps :D anyway, it worked fine for me, gonna put them back in the terrarium tomorrow :)

Yeah I think I did like 30 min at 300 or something like that? The important thing is to just make sure you keep an eye on them

Back
Top Bottom