Bad pet stores ??

I live near a place called Reptile Rapture that doubles as a rescue/rehab and pet shop. The people that own it are super nice (just bought my 1000 extra superworms off me), the animals have large, appropriate enclosures, and they have lots of specialty feeders. They're awesome and the best example of a good pet store I've ever seen
Hard to find that by me unfortunately. I’ve checked everywhere within an hour and they’re all the same ):

I feel like the best pet stores are the ones that are shell companies for more lucrative businesses :LOL:. They're the only ones with the ability to provide necessary equipment.
Inflation of inventory. Invoices for 1 billion crickets a week 😂
D7E920A7-B7FD-439A-9E95-547990D0ACC7.jpeg

This guys reptile shop

I live near a place called Reptile Rapture that doubles as a rescue/rehab and pet shop. The people that own it are super nice (just bought my 1000 extra superworms off me), the animals have large, appropriate enclosures, and they have lots of specialty feeders. They're awesome and the best example of a good pet store I've ever seen
Welcome to the forum, TayloredExotics.

I was going to ask half-jokingly, "Are they new?" as (IME) specialty shops start out gangbusters, but at some point (for a variety of reasons) sometimes begin to slip. However, upon poking around a little, I found they have Yelp* reviews going back to '09, so it appears they've been around a while, and have managed to survive & succeed.

I see you're new, but I didn't see any kind of introductory post (Not that there's anything wrong with that. ;) ). From your handle and the above, should we infer you're a breeder? (Not that there's anything wrong with that, either! ☺ )

Re: Reptile Rapture (RR), impressive website, IMO. :)

I didn't find much in the way of reviews of RR (I was just poking around—not seriously vetting), but I didn't find any disconcerting complaints with BBB, etc. and (IME) dissatisfied customers usually scream louder & longer than satisfied customers.

I was going to ask half-jokingly, "Are they new?" as (IME) specialty shops start out gangbusters, but at some point (for a variety of reasons) sometimes begin to slip. However, upon poking around a little, I found they have Yelp* reviews going back to '09, so it appears they've been around a while, and have managed to survive & succeed.

Yeah, they've been around for a bit. I was referred there by a coworker who has a variety of reptiles. The impressive thing is that they've managed to survive, despite there being dozens of other pet stores, including big box like PetSmart.

I see you're new, but I didn't see any kind of introductory post (Not that there's anything wrong with that. ;) ). From your handle and the above, should we infer you're a breeder? (Not that there's anything wrong with that, either! ☺ )

Yeah, I'm new 😄 I'll fill out The Form™ soon. I'm hoping to breed; for now I only sell feeders locally, no website or anything. I'm currently raising a group of 10 ambilobes I bought from someone on Fauna Classifieds, and will am planning to sell off a few that don't fit my breeding project For now I only have two breeding age (1 male almost 2 years, 1 female 1.5 years), but the female is pretty unfriendly so I'm not sure if I want her to reproduce.
[/QUOTE]

Re: Reptile Rapture (RR), impressive website, IMO. :)

I didn't find much in the way of reviews of RR (I was just poking around—not seriously vetting), but I didn't find any disconcerting complaints with BBB, etc. and (IME) dissatisfied customers usually scream louder & longer than satisfied customers.

Haha, angry people are always much more vocal, but I don't know anyone personally who's had an issue with them. I'm not sure I agree entirely with how they sell rehabilitated animals again (no disclosing gender, price differences for age/morph, etc), but they are very responsible in making sure animals are fit for prospective owners (healthy, etc) before sending them off. There's 3 huge savannah monitors that I don't think they're ever going to sell, because their personalities aren't fit for life as a pet. They're also pretty knowledgeable about the animals they do sell, and best of all, they keep their chameleons in individual enclosures 🙂

Back
Top Bottom