Bad News

I am very sorry you lost the babies and the mother. Sure makes me rethink the idea for ever breeding my pair. Maybe if xanthoman will help me I could try.

I bought her gravid, as a WC. It is very different breeding them in captivity and knowing the specifics of when she was bred, and could give proper supplementation. Don't throw out the idea completely, as I said it is much easier breeding in captivity. Just my 2 cents about the subject

Dude, that sucks

Sorry to hear about your heartbreak. It is hard to do everything you can and still feel so helpless. You have my sympathies.

Terri

Wow. So sorry to hear that. I know you put a lot into taking care of your chams. Just goes to show how fragile life is. My sympathies..

one thing i know for sure

Maybe if xanthoman will help me I could try.
you already have my # and you know you are welcome to call anytime. like i mentioned earlier , i havent found getting them to mate that big of an issue(unless you have an incompatible pair). most xanths get along fairly well, and if they are left together for any length of time the deed is going to happen. nor have i found the raising of born healthy neonates to be an issue. i think by far the hardest piece of the puzzle, is keeping the whole nutritional/supplemental conditioning thing on target. it also helps to identify a gravid state early on, so that process can be started earlier, but that sort of takes an intentional mating, which non of mine have been. to be honest, i have had my share of setbacks lately too. my view is just MY view, so i am not all that sure that should be viewed as any sort of holy grail. one thing i know for sure, is as soon as you are positive you have got it all under control, thats when things will start going wrong. jmo

Back
Top Bottom