bad day -- poor me

laurie

Retired Moderator
Last friday David & I were planting a 12 foot lilac in the side yard. When we took from his truck to the hole, about 70 feet, he put the roots in a wheelbarrow, and I sort of got into the middle of the bush to hold the front off the ground. The thing was way top heavy & the front was hitting the ground. I did ok until we got close to the fence. The hole for the bush was about 8' from the fence.Then I kept watching the fence as I didn't want to hit the fence & didn't kill my lovely bush. I somewhat over corrected. Next thing I knew I fell into the 46" hole and pulled the bush in on top of me. The hole was about 1/3 full of water!:(:(:( I sprained my ankle really bad and got a bit banged up. Now I am in one of those stupid boot things, walking hurts like holy hell and going up and down the stairs is a nightmare. All the chameleons are downstairs so I really have no choice. I just take lots of pain pills and stay home, since it is my right foot, I can't drive and David is out of town. Let's just say I am not a happy camper!!! I need lots of sympathy form all my friends - poor me.:(

i tried to give you some get better rep points, but i have givin u some recently oh well u will just have to get better the ole fashion way..

hoj

I bet that was a site to behold. In all seriousness though I hope the ankle heals quickly for you. I tore my ligaments in my ankle a few yrs ago while water skiing. I was laid up for weeks. I hated it, I get cabin fever after the first 24 hrs. It hurts but keep moving. And tell the hubby he owes you bigtime for leaving while your down and out. lol

Well, Laurie, you couldn't make that up, lol! Sorry but I did chuckle! I love a bit of good old slapstick!:D Seriously though - I hope you recover quickly, the little green people need you! Sending hugs across the pond! Tiff xxxx

where is the like button!!! i hope you feel better laurie:cool:
Last friday David & I were planting a 12 foot lilac in the side yard. When we took from his truck to the hole, about 70 feet, he put the roots in a wheelbarrow, and I sort of got into the middle of the bush to hold the front off the ground. The thing was way top heavy & the front was hitting the ground. I did ok until we got close to the fence. The hole for the bush was about 8' from the fence.Then I kept watching the fence as I didn't want to hit the fence & didn't kill my lovely bush. I somewhat over corrected. Next thing I knew I fell into the 46" hole and pulled the bush in on top of me. The hole was about 1/3 full of water!:(:(:( I sprained my ankle really bad and got a bit banged up. Now I am in one of those stupid boot things, walking hurts like holy hell and going up and down the stairs is a nightmare. All the chameleons are downstairs so I really have no choice. I just take lots of pain pills and stay home, since it is my right foot, I can't drive and David is out of town. Let's just say I am not a happy camper!!! I need lots of sympathy form all my friends - poor me.:(

Have you ever considered a career as a stunt person?? :D

Joke apart, take care of yourself and of your chameleons!! :)

Sorry to hear of your pain.
Hope it is a kind of funny memory this time next year. Falling into a hole with a tree following you in!
I know it's no fun right now though...

Sorry to hear of your pain.
Hope it is a kind of funny memory this time next year. Falling into a hole with a tree following you in!
I know it's no fun right now though...

To tell the truth, it was hilarious, even when I did it. But the muddy water was so damn cold. I looked like a drowned muddy puppy.

sorry ya got hurt... i was reading this an before i got toit i was thinkin my luck id fall in the hole an sure enough you did.seems someone else has my luck... get better soon..

Ohh Laurie. If I was closer, I would go and play with your Chams for you. c: You could watch from the top of the stairs. c;
I have never sprained my foot/leg, but I have sprained my wrist really bad. And after that I figured out I can turn my right hand all the way around! :D Maybe after it heals you can turn your foot all the way around! We can be like similar and what not. :rolleyes::p
Hope you feel better soon!

Back
Top Bottom