backround image on cage

whysoez420

I'm getting a 2x2x4 aluminium cage for my cham just wondering if many people put a bsckround image on the back for looks and to see moisture in ect from misting systems. Also should I put one on one of the sides as well?

Some people do use them. I have a 2x2x4 foot cage pushed up against 2 walls. I usually get my humidity up to 65 after misting and let it drop to about 40 (or until the cage is dry) before misting again. Live plants help with humidity too.

I use a background, mainly it was for aesthetics but it's been great for keeping the water from hitting any of the power cords that usually angle behind my cages. I bought a sheet of shower/bathroom liner from Home Depot, which comes in white, and I spray painted it the color I wanted (which was a dark, metallic grey). One large sheet gave me background for 4 large cages, but they may make smaller sheets. At any rate, even the large sheet wasn't more than $20. And then I had translucent plastic sheets between the cages, to let light through but not let them see each other.

newreptileroom9.jpg

Alright thank you. I will try the shower liner out. Did you just staple the liner to the screen or use some sort of glue?

I use a background, mainly it was for aesthetics but it's been great for keeping the water from hitting any of the power cords that usually angle behind my cages. I bought a sheet of shower/bathroom liner from Home Depot, which comes in white, and I spray painted it the color I wanted (which was a dark, metallic grey). One large sheet gave me background for 4 large cages, but they may make smaller sheets. At any rate, even the large sheet wasn't more than $20. And then I had translucent plastic sheets between the cages, to let light through but not let them see each other.

newreptileroom9.jpg

Is the shower/bathroom liner hard plastic?

Alright thank you. I will try the shower liner out. Did you just staple the liner to the screen or use some sort of glue?

Is the shower/bathroom liner hard plastic?

Yes, it's a semi-rigid plastic that people use to line bathroom before adding tile, I think. It's cut easily with an X-acto blade, though, and has a textured edge and a smooth edge. I chose to use the textured edge because it was more interesting.

And it weighs little enough where I just taped it onto the frame using clear packing tape. I didn't want it to be super permanent, in case I ever changed my mind.

But if you wanted to do something more decorative, you can always paint greenery onto it or something like that. I chose to use a dark color so the branches and plants would pop, but you can do anything.

One more question!

What did you paint it with?

I used spray paint, and left it outside to air out a day or two.

If anyone is curious about the color I think it was Krylon Brushed Metalic, satin, in bronze. It's really a charcoal grey but with a little warmth.

Back
Top Bottom