background ideas?

Snootchie0210

Looking for ideas for a background for a 24"x24"48" enclosure. I'm leaning towards using the Zoo Med Natural Cork Tile background (18"x24"). I'm thinking of just getting three of them, cutting one to size, and just stacking them up. But I'm worried that it'll make one side heavy and will cause the enclosure to topple over. I'm also thinking of just using one of those aquarium adhesive backgrounds but I'm having trouble finding one that is 24" wide and has a design that goes vertical. Most of the repeating designs go horizontal.

~Ryan

Something awesome and easy that I did for my first enclosure is a TXTR-LITE panel. It's a micro-thin facing of real stone adhered to a flexible fiberglass backing. It's for architectural use and is super light (less than 3 lbs). I ordered a 2x4 panel in black slate, trimmed with craft scissors and popped it into the cage with a few zip ties. Completely washable and UV stable on the stone side. Plus, the light stone texture looks natural and amazing as a background.

They have "minor imperfection" panels for super cheap (mine was $28 + shipping), and the panel I received only had a small scratch and a chip on the edge. Their color options are always changing for the rejects, so you might keep checking until they have a color you like.

http://www.txtr-lite.com/

Last edited:
Looking for ideas for a background for a 24"x24"48" enclosure. I'm leaning towards using the Zoo Med Natural Cork Tile background (18"x24"). I'm thinking of just getting three of them, cutting one to size, and just stacking them up. But I'm worried that it'll make one side heavy and will cause the enclosure to topple over. I'm also thinking of just using one of those aquarium adhesive backgrounds but I'm having trouble finding one that is 24" wide and has a design that goes vertical. Most of the repeating designs go horizontal.

~Ryan

Are you convinced you need a background? Are you trying to block the cham's view of something or trying to prevent water spray getting on something next to the cage?

Personally, I like leaving the cage sides open and filling the interior space with live plants instead. The cage seems more open and light that way.

Years ago I found some downloadable background images of different habitats that could be printed on the paper of your choice or laminated. I think the website was Nature Zone. I sent the image to a printing service that blew it up to the size I wanted and laminated it for me. Worked great!

Another option could be to find an online poster or image of rainforest and send that to a printer who can blow it up to your size.

Thanks guys. I'll check those out.

And its just for asthetic reasons. I have the enclosure in the living room. just trying to hide the wires and the mistking tubes behind it.

Something awesome and easy that I did for my first enclosure is a TXTR-LITE panel. It's a micro-thin facing of real stone adhered to a flexible fiberglass backing. It's for architectural use and is super light (less than 3 lbs). I ordered a 2x4 panel in black slate, trimmed with craft scissors and popped it into the cage with a few zip ties. Completely washable and UV stable on the stone side. Plus, the light stone texture looks natural and amazing as a background.

They have "minor imperfection" panels for super cheap (mine was $28 + shipping), and the panel I received only had a small scratch and a chip on the edge. Their color options are always changing for the rejects, so you might keep checking until they have a color you like.

http://www.txtr-lite.com/

I went with this one. "Minor Imperfections" 2'x4' for $18 plus shipping. Pretty good deal. Thanks for the heads up.

Back
Top Bottom