Back Right Leg Seems To Lag

Kylenugent04

chameleon info:
My chameleon is a male, veiled, I don’t know for sure but around 5 months
I handle him at least 3 times a week
I feed him about 4-5 large crickets everyday, all of them given to him around 10 Am
I have sticky tongue games calcium/mineral supplement with d-3
I spray his cage with a hand spray bottle 2-4 times per day
The fecese is brown with some white spots too, he has never been tested for parasites

cage info:
It is a 16 x 16 x 30 mesh cage
the temp is usually around 80-90 degrees
The cage is located in my room with a ceiling fan mostly on all day
I live in San Diego California

The problem:
So recently I have gotten my chameleon out to handle and when he walks his back right leg seems to not know where the ground is. It will go out in the air and he will wiggle it around trying to find something to grab but can’t find my hand. All the other legs do so perfectly. Is this normal or should I be concerned?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 127
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 112
Hello! I am not sure about the leg, but he does look overweight. Your supplement schedule needs to be changed. Every feeding calcium without d3. Twice a month do calcium with d3, twice month vitiman supplement with d3, alternating each week.

Also, you said you were feeding crickets, I would add some feeders. I will add a chart for good feeders.

I do see fake leaves, veileds can eat foliage in the wild, so live plants are definitely the way to go. The risk is too big in case if he were to eat it.

Welcome to the forum! ???

Hello! I am not sure about the leg, but he does look overweight. Your supplement schedule needs to be changed. Every feeding calcium without d3. Twice a month do calcium with d3, twice month vitiman supplement with d3, alternating each week.

Also, you said you were feeding crickets, I would add some feeders. I will add a chart for good feeders.

I do see fake leaves, veileds can eat foliage in the wild, so live plants are definitely the way to go. The risk is too big in case if he were to eat it.

Ok great thank you so much. I am kinda new to this so what do you mean by feeders hahaha. He hasn’t tried to eat the fake leaves yet but I will definitely keep that in mind. How many crickets should I feed him each day? The local pet store near mt house told me to feed him until he stops. Thank you so much for the help I really appreciate it!

Ok great thank you so much. I am kinda new to this so what do you mean by feeders hahaha. He hasn’t tried to eat the fake leaves yet but I will definitely keep that in mind. How many crickets should I feed him each day? The local pet store near mt house told me to feed him until he stops. Thank you so much for the help I really appreciate it!
Your Welcome! 15 each day is good. The people at the pet store don't really know the correct way to care for a cham. Also, what uvb do you use? Is it a compact or a linear?

This should be vitamin without D3 not with D3. With D3 would would be doubling up on the D3 amount from 2 times a month as they should get to 4 times a month. :)

chameleon info:
My chameleon is a male, veiled, I don’t know for sure but around 5 months
I handle him at least 3 times a week
I feed him about 4-5 large crickets everyday, all of them given to him around 10 Am
I have sticky tongue games calcium/mineral supplement with d-3
I spray his cage with a hand spray bottle 2-4 times per day
The fecese is brown with some white spots too, he has never been tested for parasites

cage info:
It is a 16 x 16 x 30 mesh cage
the temp is usually around 80-90 degrees
The cage is located in my room with a ceiling fan mostly on all day
I live in San Diego California

The problem:
So recently I have gotten my chameleon out to handle and when he walks his back right leg seems to not know where the ground is. It will go out in the air and he will wiggle it around trying to find something to grab but can’t find my hand. All the other legs do so perfectly. Is this normal or should I be concerned?
Can you please post pics of the entire enclosure lights down? Do you have additional pics of that cham you could post?
How often are you using the sticky tongue?

@Fchamel ... In post #4 you said..."he does look overweight"...
@Kylenugent04 said..."I feed him about 4-5 large crickets everyday"...
@Fchamel ....in post #8 you said..."15 each day is good"...
So if the chameleon is overweight why would you say to feed it three times more crickets than its already being fed?

@Kylenugent04 can you please post a phot of him from the other side so I can see the left ankle...the right one looks swollen.

@Fchamel ... In post #4 you said..."he does look overweight"...
@Kylenugent04 said..."I feed him about 4-5 large crickets everyday"...
@Fchamel ....in post #8 you said..."15 each day is good"...
So if the chameleon is overweight why would you say to feed it three times more crickets than its already being fed?

@Kylenugent04 can you please post a phot of him from the other side so I can see the left ankle...the right one looks swollen.
I couldn’t get a pick of his other ankle now but this is what he will do sometimes with his leg out

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 109
Back
Top Bottom