Back legs

This is her now she’s up , the white stuff in her is from the food...she just worrying me cause of her color

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 98
Can she use her back legs now?

How much were you feeding her in the months before she laid the clutch per week?
What are the basking temperatures in the cage?

This is her now she’s up , the white stuff in her is from the food...she just worrying me cause of her color
Can she use her back legs now?

How much were you feeding her in the months before she laid the clutch per week?
What are the basking temperatures in the cage?
so I would feed her everyday 5 horn worms and then some days I would give her 2 or the green blue worms and someday wax worm like 4 and sometimes my mom would buy her 20 crickets and she would always eat all of it. I would spray her 3 times a day with water makes sure she got that I also have water for her to drink

You said..."so I would feed her everyday 5 horn worms and then some days I would give her 2 or the green blue worms and someday wax worm like 4 and sometimes my mom would buy her 20 crickets and she would always eat all of it"...I have no idea what green blue worms are....but the amount you are feeding her will make her lay karge clutches. She will likely develop egg laying problems and die at a young age.

You didn't tell me the basking temperature.

You said..." I would spray her 3 times a day with water makes sure she got that I also have water for her to drink"...spray her? In her mouth?

42 eggs :) maybe more she might be sitting on them , she I leave her eggs out where she can see them?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 61
How old is she? You should definitely start feeding less, as kinyonga said, to reduce egg clutches since they are super taxing on the female. Maybe feed more like every other day, and depending on her age, it'll be slightly different amounts. If she is like full grown I believe she should only be fed every other day 3 bugs or something, of appropriate size. Someone else can add on to that, and tell me if im wrong about this

How old is she? You should definitely start feeding less, as kinyonga said, to reduce egg clutches since they are super taxing on the female. Maybe feed more like every other day, and depending on her age, it'll be slightly different amounts. If she is like full grown I believe she should only be fed every other day 3 bugs or something, of appropriate size. Someone else can add on to that, and tell me if im wrong about this
I wish I knew how old she was my friend brother found her already this big and I took her in

The eggs look fertile....what are you going to do with the eggs? Try to hatch them? If so you need to get them set up now.

How long have you had her?

You said..." I would spray her 3 times a day with water makes sure she got that I also have water for her to drink"...spray her? In her mouth?

Can you please post photos of the cage set up you have her in?

Is she using her legs now?

The eggs look fertile....what are you going to do with the eggs? Try to hatch them? If so you need to get them set up now.

Can you please post photos of the cage set up you have her in?

This is her cage I’m thinking of getting her a bigger one soon

Attachments

• 73DBBA05-8EC8-4706-9C0A-B8CB70B7F53D.jpeg
    73DBBA05-8EC8-4706-9C0A-B8CB70B7F53D.jpeg
    289.7 KB · Views: 72

What specific light are you using to provide UVB for her? Is your basking bulb one that produces white light? What temperature does it produce in the basking area?
Supplements? Feeding the crickets?

I've been asking you questions to help you get it set up so she can live a long healthy life with you. Others have been trying to help too. You're not answering my questions so I'm going to assume that you don't want my help with this. I hope you will treat her properly or find someone who will. Good luck with it all.

42 eggs is WAY TOO MANY. Female chameleons will form eggs from calcium. You must properly regulate their diet and keep it to small feeds a few times a week. Too much calcium and their body naturally will begin to form more eggs because their body will do it dependent upon intake. They do need more calcium than males but I would say you're feeding her far too often.

Could you please fill out the form in the original post so we can check your husbandry? To be fair at the start of this thread your chameleon was already almost egg bound so there could be a lot of things wrong here outside of diet but can't say without knowing. The more experienced members here can offer you some very good, very sound advice.

You care about your chameleon obviously, so help us help you by letting us/them look over your husbandry and allow them to make some sound recommendations.

So far I've read about 2 pages of you disregarding the form and the questions people are asking, and they are trying to help you stop this from happening again, because I assure you it will happen again if you continue with at least the same feeding practices as you have now.

You obviously care about your chameleon but you don't care enough to question that your husbandry may have been responsible for your chameleons bad lay, in effect what I'm saying is she is your animal, she can't regulate her diet you have to do it for her, she depends on you to keep her alive and help her not only through the egg laying process but to help it be as painless and comfortable as possible.

I can tell from the pictures this was a horrid and extremely stressful laying experience for your chameleon and your dirt for starters is way too soft, which is probably why it collapsed in on her.

You assumed the soft soil is enough and it's not, you assumed feeding her 5 horn worms a day and alternating to wax worms another day is enough and it's not, it's what caused her to form 42 eggs.

I'm glad she's okay and I wish her a quick recovery. Good work staying on top of it and making sure she's through the egg laying process, but I'd still ask that you fill out the form if you truly are concerned for the well being of your animal.

Last edited:
This is her cage I’m thinking of getting her a bigger one soon
Her cage needs tons of veiled-tested and chameleon-safe live plants (properly cleaned beforehand and with rocks too big for her to eat covering the soil in the pots), more branches (multiple diameters and species, just none from toxic or sap-producing trees), and lots of vines (preferably all live, but Fluker's is a safe fake vine; no moss vines or Exo Terra vines or fake vines with leaves on them though!) throughout all sections of her cage! She also needs a proper lay bin. Take the boxes out of her cage, along with the reptile hammock (it's not made for chams and can be dangerous). Unless her substrate is bioactive and deep enough for her to properly lay in them, it needs to come out, too!

Edit: what size is her cage?

Welcome here! What type of lights do you have, and what is your supplement schedule? Do you have a lay bin ready and in the cage for her (or is it bioactive with a deep enough substrate)? Filling this form out in as much detail as possible, including pics of your cham, her entire cage, and her lights, would be super helpful, too!

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.
So the story of my vail chameleon is that my friend brother found her in the street last year around December and I took her in I got her cage at pet code thats the photo of it , and I don’t know her age I got her that big :/.. some guy from petcode to me to feed her 5 worms and I feed her every day and I spray her 3 times a day I use the lights that came in the box the heat one is 60 degrees for her water I have a little pool where she cames down and drinks it. My mom gets her pants and she’ll eat them and we replace them when they dry out. She’s always bright green so I think that means she’s happy I never pick her up she doesn’t like it but when I do I take her outside to where my mom has her orchid let her get sun this is here when she’s happy before her kids came I saw that vail chameleon have 30-80 kids so 42 should be okay

Attachments

• 5963ABB8-5646-4753-9429-F480CF8515F9.png
    5963ABB8-5646-4753-9429-F480CF8515F9.png
    245 KB · Views: 79
  • AEC5CC89-DEC2-4E62-91CE-4AEEE345EC32.jpeg
    AEC5CC89-DEC2-4E62-91CE-4AEEE345EC32.jpeg
    245.4 KB · Views: 78
  • C77436C6-9196-45CC-B153-F9C9F19F2FD7.png
    C77436C6-9196-45CC-B153-F9C9F19F2FD7.png
    583.2 KB · Views: 77
Back
Top Bottom