Back legs

Lilibeth9111

Hi , I have a girl chameleon and I don’t know what’s wrong with her back legs. One day she was doing fine and the next her back legs arent working she has movement in her front arms and everything and she try’s to climb and when she try’s she just pull herself up and shakes but her back legs don’t move...but if I pick her up I feel her grab on to my fingers with her back leg hands she just doesn’t move her legs

Attachments

• 7320186D-B60D-4131-8CA7-CE985D18DCDF.jpeg
    7320186D-B60D-4131-8CA7-CE985D18DCDF.jpeg
    191.4 KB · Views: 118
Welcome here! What type of lights do you have, and what is your supplement schedule? Do you have a lay bin ready and in the cage for her (or is it bioactive with a deep enough substrate)? Filling this form out in as much detail as possible, including pics of your cham, her entire cage, and her lights, would be super helpful, too!

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Hi and welcome so yeah if you can fill out the husbandry form ASAP may help the members on here to give you a heads up on issue's. If you have any problems with how to do this or anything ask away

Hi , I have a girl chameleon and I don’t know what’s wrong with her back legs. One day she was doing fine and the next her back legs arent working she has movement in her front arms and everything and she try’s to climb and when she try’s she just pull herself up and shakes but her back legs don’t move...but if I pick her up I feel her grab on to my fingers with her back leg hands she just doesn’t move her legs
I’ll post more photos of her once I get home

This is here right now she had the eggs but I’m scared that she’s dead... I called her name and she’s moved but I’m scared to pick her up ... could she have passed away in the time to pushed her baby’s out?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 98
This is here right now she had the eggs but I’m scared that she’s dead... I called her name and she’s moved but I’m scared to pick her up ... could she have passed away in the time to pushed her baby’s out?
Why do you have a box inside another box? Could she be stuck between the two boxes? Does she really t if you touch her?
Calling her name wont do anything because they do not hear sounds like we do

You said..."This is here right now she had the eggs but I’m scared that she’s dead... I called her name and she’s moved but I’m scared to pick her up ... could she have passed away in the time to pushed her baby’s out?"...she won't answer to her name. She won't even likely react to any sounds you make.
She hasn't laid all her eggs in the photo...you can see that she has more inside her. Her head should not be down in a hole....her butt should be. She may be stuck...and if you move her she may stop laying the eggs...but if you don't move her she may die...and may already be dead. So sad.

Last edited:
Was she mated?

If it was me...I'd quickly dig a hole in the opposite corner of the soil and take her out quickly and place her butt down in the hole....as quickly as possible without moving her around a lot to do it...then give her complete privacy and hope she lays the rest. It might be futile though because it might be too late.
If she survives that I would get her to a vets ASAP so they can help you with her from there.
This is all a risk...and you need to make the decision yourself. I'm not there and can't judge how she is to be sure there is even a point to it...but I think she's stuck.
BTW...I'm not a vet....just giving you my point of view.

She is too green to be dead I think. It is cardboard so start tearing it away to see if you can get to a point where you can see that she can free herself. The trick is slow so she doesn't know you are there. Also be sure she is stuck first. slightly touch her tail, don't let her see you. I know it sounds odd. But in nature things must happen while laying, so just make it as little as possible. See doesn't look in a position to suffocate. If she was bound it was too late any way, so at least try. I gave a turtle mouth to mouth and saved its life so never giveup.

She is too green to be dead I think. It is cardboard so start tearing it away to see if you can get to a point where you can see that she can free herself. The trick is slow so she doesn't know you are there. Also be sure she is stuck first. slightly touch her tail, don't let her see you. I know it sounds odd. But in nature things must happen while laying, so just make it as little as possible. See doesn't look in a position to suffocate. If she was bound it was too late any way, so at least try. I gave a turtle mouth to mouth and saved its life so never giveup.
This is her right now I touched her a little and she’s like breathing but I don’t want to move her I’m scared I might hurt her so I’m just wait to see if you moves tomorrow

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 82
I took the box out

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 89
She’s like really in there should I just take her out??? When I try to touch her she’ll move around...I’m also to scared that if I move her she’ll like get scared

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 71
Back
Top Bottom