Back in action with a new baby!

Greetings friends! It's been a long, LONG time since I've posted here, but we've decided to become cham parents again, so here I am! :p

This is Tango! He's male Jackson's and about 3 months old! He's doing very well! His only "issue" is that he will only eat fruit flies and is no longer interested in the small crickets we've been giving him. We'd like to vary his diet as much as possible. Any tips for stubborn children?
bde4dca54ac71c5e65203e4d093c4f31.png
4bb75899827ce6705490e0611e168784.png

He is adorable! I highly recommend silkworms. They are one of the non fatty worms and are very high in calcium. You can get them online through various vendors. We have one on here called Coastal Silkworms. Check the site sponsor list or just google their name for their website. I buy from them all the time.

Oh my! What a cutie! This brings back such happy memories of when my Monty was tiny! I used to hand feed him a few newly moulted mealworms - the white ones as the skins have not hardened as well as the fruit flies and tiny crickets. Also if you can get any roach nymphs too, they may be small enough. Humidity is very important for these babies, as well as temps - they like it cooler so a max basking of 80 whilst they are this small is fine..

Thank you so much for the suggestions! We will definitely give them a try!!
We have 2 thermometers in his enclosure: one monitoring basking and one monitoring ambient temps (80 and 70!). He has a humidifier running most of the day and it usually stays around 80%. We mist him several times a day to help keep the humidity up and also make sure he's drinking plenty!

Cute Jax!
Mine did/does like to eat stuff that flies more than any other feeder so I would get him waxmoths and flies but mix in crickets...

Mine is a picky eater and prefers stuff that moves around a lot.

Back
Top Bottom