back again

Carlton

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hi all,

Haven't been around lately due to an unwelcome encore from cancer. It's been 26 years since it first came up, but a routine annual exam found the elusive little beast lurking just under the radar until now. Had surgery 2 weeks ago, no complications, and no recommendations for followup treatment with nasty chemicals. The most annoying part was the obnoxious surgical tape. I'd dearly love to crucify the inventor of that particular brand. Either that or sentence them to wearing their invention for a month to see how THEY like it. Almost asked the nurse who changed the dressings to let me take the stuff home to hold a ceremonial bonfire in my driveway. One more flight to the big city for a final incision check and hopefully to get going with PT.

Anyway, part of the reason for this post was to say hello and also to score a little bit of sympathy!

Hello all, and thanks in advance! Hope everyone's chams are doing fine!

Carlton

Allison,

Sorry to hear you are going through this again :(. You beat it once and will beat it again! Sounds like you caught it in time not to need any treatments (y). Just know that you have a ton of Forum friends praying for a speedy recovery and we will also put a hex on the creators of that tape! We have missed you here and I'm glad that you are recovering well.

Get Well.jpg

I will be praying for your recovery! It can definitely be hard to go through something like that, and hopefully all will get better! Take some pictures of that bonfire please! (y)

Hi all,

Haven't been around lately due to an unwelcome encore from cancer. It's been 26 years since it first came up, but a routine annual exam found the elusive little beast lurking just under the radar until now. Had surgery 2 weeks ago, no complications, and no recommendations for followup treatment with nasty chemicals. The most annoying part was the obnoxious surgical tape. I'd dearly love to crucify the inventor of that particular brand. Either that or sentence them to wearing their invention for a month to see how THEY like it. Almost asked the nurse who changed the dressings to let me take the stuff home to hold a ceremonial bonfire in my driveway. One more flight to the big city for a final incision check and hopefully to get going with PT.

Anyway, part of the reason for this post was to say hello and also to score a little bit of sympathy!

Carlton
oh sorry to hear that hope you get well soon mate.

Thank you everybody! It helps so much to know a great group of friends is out there.

Just sitting around healing today. Lots of stitches and tape removed yesterday which means I can finally take a luxurious long shower! Not exactly going to run from the spray (unlike some of our more petulant chams) believe me! One more trip to the big city in a month and a couple more blood tests and hopefully that's the end of it for a very long time!

Carlton

Thinking of you fighting the good fight up in the frigid cold! I'm actually flying up to be with my mom during her lumpectomy next week and pretty much dreading it. Sending good thoughts your way - and cancer sucks!

Hi all,

Carlton
Welcome back! Glad your prognosis is good! Thank God you went to your routine annual exam! Things we take for granted. Glad you're back, and best of luck with your healing.

Back
Top Bottom