Baby with stuck arm

Scott85

Two nights ago I was redividing some 1 - 1 1/2 month old panthers. I grabbed the first tree I had around, a ficus, for them to climb while I did my thing. Now Ive got one baby who has her arm stuck to her side. I think some sap got into her "armpit" on the front right leg, I cant see anything though. As long as she has been sprayed recently it is not an issue. But if she goes for more than about an hour and a half, her arm gets basically glued to her side. It gets stuck all the way up to her "elbow". It looks sooo annoying.... I have tried washing it with a dilute dish soap, putting baby powder on it to absorb the tack, and just holding her arm open till she dried off. In all cases it just readhered to her side.

Im hoping that someone might know of a safe product I could use to help her. Either to get it off completely or to just stop it from being so tacky. She is about an inch and a half snout to vent, getting her to cooperate is not the easiest thing. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, she just looks so miserable when it happens.

My husband's snake recently got herself stuck to the thermometer glue when it fell off the cage, tacky side up. Poor thing, we couldn't get her loose. The vet had some sort of solution that's non-toxic, and it worked like a charm.

PS: Beware of thermometer/hydrometers that use double sided tape to stick to glass. It's just not safe. :(

Yea that double sided tape is nasty. If it took that off it would probably work in this situation. Do you have any idea what it was?

Sorry, I don't know what it was called. I was so worried about the snake that I didn't think about needing the stuff again. Maybe if you have a really nice vet they'll tell you if you call, or just let you pick some up instead of stressing the animal further to bring it in.

Try a Q-tip and mineral oil. There was a thread on here a few weeks ago where a cham had duck tape stuck to him and this was recommended by Dez.

Last edited:
Try a Q-tip and mineral oil. There was a thread on here a few weeks ago where a cham had duck tape stuck to him and this was recommended by Dez.

Lol! That is what I was going to suggest doing but u beat me to it! :D

I'm glad it worked

Back
Top Bottom