Baby veils male/female help

JadelynnCFH

I just bought two baby veils m/f...both about 2 inches long fully extended. The male eats but not as much as i would like, and the female is taking a lil longer to acclimate...I am a first time reptile owner and learning as much as i can. I know the acclimation period varies from cham to cham , but i am worried about the effect its having on the female. I am switching up their food and adding more foliage. Any suggestions or tips are greatly appreciated. Also i am misting 2 times a day with an average temp being 83. My cage is 18 18 24 side glasss with mesh top. i have uvb bulb and a heat lamp ..... oh yeah i got them Saturday, the 10th.... Thanks and ill post pics of my set up tomorrow

Well if you just got them they might not eat for a few days so I wouldnt be completely worried about that. If they dont eat at all I would try changing their diet and offering other feeders. Make sure you arent around their enclosures a lot and they have lots of hiding places so they feel comfortable. Try misting them more and for a couple minutes so a lot of big water droplets form everywhere.

Now are they housed in the same enclosure. ? They need their own, so if they are one needs a new home right away. If they are together this might be whats stressing the female out and causing her to not drink.

try not to change things around to much babies stress very easy, also separating them would be a good idea. and it can take a couple days for them to acclimate and finally eat, it took one of my chams 3 days before he decided to eat and be social and he was a full grown adult.

Back
Top Bottom