Baby Veiled

I am not going to fight and argue with you. The fact is the cham kit with the bulb that is included must be placed within a precised measured distance to be effective and with that said it is only effective for very young babies due to how close to the top of the cage they have to be.

By you saying oh you did it and it was fine... Well that leaves a lot for other newbies to interpret as it would be ok for them. So hey if your ok with others having chams that develop MBD because they read your post saying you did it for 6 months and it was perfectly fine then that is on you.

The image was done by Bill Strand to help newbies transition a starter kit with babies rather then having to immediately go spend a ton of money all at once. It is from a class that he did and I took so that I could help others.

I have a solarmeter 6.5 and I did test the compact that came with the kit and it sucks. And I can see why so many babies die that get put into that kit with that uvb lighting.

Not really sure what is wrong with you today but frankly this is not helping the OP at all! I will not be responding to you again in this thread because as I said I am not up for making the OP feel like their thread is now totally derailed by this. I do not want them to leave and not get their questions answered because they feel uncomfortable.
But aren’t we scaring new owners by saying your UVB is wrong, he’s gonna die if you don’t change it etc?
Yes best advice is to get a linear UVB source, but we can also offer advice on how to, where to, how close the coil can be. We can help them out by trying to make what they have work in the meantime.
Also I’ve yet to see UVBI test that compared to each other. All the ones I’ve seen, mostly on YouTube, numbers are all over the place.
When I did my test, coil UVB 10.0 produced more UVB than a 5.0 T5 tube
Like dangerously more UVB at 6 inch distance.
My set up was horrible, holy fuckery

Attachments

• D74F2FC5-A61F-41E1-87D0-6D3AEB13202C.jpeg
    D74F2FC5-A61F-41E1-87D0-6D3AEB13202C.jpeg
    193.8 KB · Views: 58
But aren’t we scaring new owners by saying your UVB is wrong, he’s gonna die if you don’t change it etc?
Yes best advice is to get a linear UVB source, but we can also offer advice on how to, where to, how close the coil can be. We can help them out by trying to make what they have work in the meantime.
Also I’ve yet to see UVBI test that compared to each other. All the ones I’ve seen, mostly on YouTube, numbers are all over the place.
When I did my test, coil UVB 10.0 produced more UVB than a 5.0 T5 tube
Like dangerously more UVB at 6 inch distance.
My set up was horrible, holy fuckery
With all due respect, you are derailing this thread and causing confusion rather than clarity. If you wish to argue the merits of coil uvb vs linear, please start your own post. I too have taken the course provided by Bill Strand recently on how to transition from chameleon kit and he did an in depth demonstration/explanation of the various sources of uvb. As has been stated and proven in the past, coil bulbs do provide high levels of uvb, but only in a very short and very narrow area. Although I have not yet watched more than a couple, Bill Strand has recently posted several videos on YouTube and one includes uvb...I suggest watching it. Here is an oldie, but still very relevant.

Now if you have nothing more to say that will actually be helpful to the op, please take your leave from this thread.

With all due respect, you are derailing this thread and causing confusion rather than clarity. If you wish to argue the merits of coil uvb vs linear, please start your own post. I too have taken the course provided by Bill Strand recently on how to transition from chameleon kit and he did an in depth demonstration/explanation of the various sources of uvb. As has been stated and proven in the past, coil bulbs do provide high levels of uvb, but only in a very short and very narrow area. Although I have not yet watched more than a couple, Bill Strand has recently posted several videos on YouTube and one includes uvb...I suggest watching it. Here is an oldie, but still very relevant.

Now if you have nothing more to say that will actually be helpful to the op, please take your leave from this thread.

Ok, MissIOwnThisThreadAndIFindAnyOpinionNotMineNotHelpful.
By the way, you guys make a really good job at making new owners feel horrible, just throwing that out there.

Back
Top Bottom