baby veiled lighting in warmer weather

Coreyvic8

hello everyone i am new to this forum..

i just bought a baby veiled chameleon and want to make sure i give it all that it needs
so where i am in california right now its pretty warm, my house actually stays in the mid 80s my thermometer
scales between 82 the lowest and about 85 highest. this temperture stays day and night so i was wondering about the lighting.

1st. should i still put both lights on (the 13w 5.0 flourescent tube uvb, and the 60w daytime reptile heat lamp) - is it necessary for the heat lamp for a baby somewhere between 1 and 3 months ??
i dont want to burn my baby srry if this is a stupid question

2nd. whats the best lighting schedule for it right now as a baby and as it gets older and can i turn both lights off at night ?
again srry if its a stupid question

3rd. are my lights okay for the veiled chameleon petco said they are fine but i want to be sure ?
lets just say over protective parent

Thanks for all your help i really appreciate it and ill post a picture tomorrow if anyone is interested. i also don't know if its a girl or a boy

again thanks !!!

i just bought a baby veiled chameleon and want to make sure i give it all that it needs
so where i am in california right now its pretty warm, my house actually stays in the mid 80s my thermometer
scales between 82 the lowest and about 85 highest. this temperture stays day and night so i was wondering about the lighting.

1st. should i still put both lights on (the 13w 5.0 flourescent tube uvb, and the 60w daytime reptile heat lamp) - is it necessary for the heat lamp for a baby somewhere between 1 and 3 months ??

2nd. whats the best lighting schedule for it right now as a baby and as it gets older and can i turn both lights off at night ?

3rd. are my lights okay for the veiled chameleon petco said they are fine but i want to be sure ?

Thanks for all your help i really appreciate it and ill post a picture tomorrow if anyone is interested. i also don't know if its a girl or a boy

again thanks !!!
1) I travel to cali before,and in summer they can get some heat wave,so if the temperature gets too hot ,u will have to turn off the heat lamp or even find a way to cool ur room temperature down to the desired comfort range.
2)Most people does 12 hours shift like 7 to 7 or 8 to 8 but some people prefer 14hours in summer n 10 hr in winter,and absolutely no light on duing the sleeping time since any light will disturb their sleeping cycle ,they go to sleep in dark n when the lights on they open their eyes.
3)As long u can change those Uvb light every 6 to 8 month then u should be fine,since the Uvb output will gradually decrease in time,the best thing to do is bring ur cham to the outdoor n enjoy the sun ray especially California has such nice sunny weather most of the time.
If u can share some of the pics with us ,we will be able to show u how to identify ur veiled,the male has a pointed spur under his hind feet,and the female doesnt,so take a clear pic on the hind feet if u still not sure the sex gender,hope this help u a bit.

again thanks !!!
You can control the basking light with a timer...have it come on in the morning so he can warm up, then have it turn off at about the time the room will get too warm. Babies overheat and dehydrate easily, so its best to be conservative. Just have the UV light remain on during the warmest part of the day. He'll be attracted to the warmth at first, then get his UV for the rest of the day.

1) I travel to cali before,and in summer they can get some heat wave,so if the temperature gets too hot ,u will have to turn off the heat lamp or even find a way to cool ur room temperature down to the desired comfort range.
2)Most people does 12 hours shift like 7 to 7 or 8 to 8 but some people prefer 14hours in summer n 10 hr in winter,and absolutely no light on duing the sleeping time since any light will disturb their sleeping cycle ,they go to sleep in dark n when the lights on they open their eyes.
3)As long u can change those Uvb light every 6 to 8 month then u should be fine,since the Uvb output will gradually decrease in time,the best thing to do is bring ur cham to the outdoor n enjoy the sun ray especially California has such nice sunny weather most of the time.
If u can share some of the pics with us ,we will be able to show u how to identify ur veiled,the male has a pointed spur under his hind feet,and the female doesnt,so take a clear pic on the hind feet if u still not sure the sex gender,hope this help u a bit.

Thanks definitely helped out

I will get pics up as soon as I can.

You can control the basking light with a timer...have it come on in the morning so he can warm up, then have it turn off at about the time the room will get too warm. Babies overheat and dehydrate easily, so its best to be conservative. Just have the UV light remain on during the warmest part of the day. He'll be attracted to the warmth at first, then get his UV for the rest of the day.

Thanks will keep in Mind.right now since the temp is sticking to 84 I just have my uvb on only.

For dehydration I have my dripper running I also have a fan near by to give circulation and to cool it down just a bit atleast for the buttom half of the enclosure

Thanks will keep in Mind.right now since the temp is sticking to 84 I just have my uvb on only.

For dehydration I have my dripper running I also have a fan near by to give circulation and to cool it down just a bit atleast for the buttom half of the enclosure
Actually, the fan may speed up cage moisture evaporation. Just keep an eye on your humidity level and how thirsty he seems to be.

This is a pic of what my set up looks I wanted to know what you guys thought

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    401.1 KB · Views: 98
Here's some pictures of my Cham.I'm trying to get a good picture of the feet but I'm trying not to take him/her out since it's only been a day and he/she is scared of me or my camera by the way I decided to name it bubba.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    170.6 KB · Views: 110
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    188.5 KB · Views: 99

Ok I removed the fan

Back
Top Bottom