Baby Veiled help!!

No! Doing a misting system is a bad idea, you're just going to spread the bacteria. Take your cham to the vet, and then use a drinking glass. No misting. Chameleons don't need misting, this is old school. This web site frustrates me, so many people that have no idea what they're talking about.
I wish the mods could delete this bizarre post entirely.

What about hornworms? Thought they would be too big for his size although I am sure they come in smaller sizes... Good idea for assistance in hydration?
If you buy juvenile hornworms or hatch them yourself they will be small. Yes, they are great for hydration.

What about hornworms? Thought they would be too big for his size although I am sure they come in smaller sizes... Good idea for assistance in hydration?
Hornworms to help in hydration as there are made up of mostly water. They also come in many different sizes.

I went out this morning and switched his 100 watt for a 75 and will monitor the basking temp, I will order a good misting system as soon as I can (thank you for the suggestion jajeanpierre!), and I am increasing the misting frequency and duration as you suggested. Until the misting system comes in do you have any tips or suggestions to make sure the humidity stays where it needs to be for him (and what have you found to be the best humidity range for his age)? My house tends to be relatively dry. Is a baby warm humidifier in the room a bad idea? I cannot say thank you enough, I genuinely appreciate the expertise!
A better option would be a "cool mist" or "ultrasonic" humidifier rather than the "warm" type. With a warm mist type (aka: vaporizer) the mist is steam, so if its put too close to plants or your cham it could scald. And, in warm weather could make the room too warm overall. You can also put sheet plastic or a shower curtain around the cage sides to help hold in more of the moisture. This and lots of live plants and more hand misting will really help.

A better option would be a "cool mist" or "ultrasonic" humidifier rather than the "warm" type. With a warm mist type (aka: vaporizer) the mist is steam, so if its put too close to plants or your cham it could scald. And, in warm weather could make the room too warm overall. You can also put sheet plastic or a shower curtain around the cage sides to help hold in more of the moisture. This and lots of live plants and more hand misting will really help.
I think all ultrasonic humidifiers are cool mist.

I think all ultrasonic humidifiers are cool mist.
Yes they are, but sometimes different brands use the term inconsistently. There are also evaporative humidifiers (blow air across a wick) that are labeled cool mist. It can be confusing.

Back
Top Bottom