Baby Veiled Cham Appetite concern?

Sometimes you just find 'the one' <3
I know the feeling but you're doing the right thing by asking lots of questions and being open to making changes. There's lots to learn with these guys. I think that's part of what makes them so cool.

You are very welcome!

Sometimes you just find 'the one' <3
I know the feeling but you're doing the right thing by asking lots of questions and being open to making changes. There's lots to learn with these guys. I think that's part of what makes them so cool.

You are very welcome!
Absolutely! I want to learn as much as I can and who knows, if things go well I'm might get another in the future lol. I'd love a translucent!

Oh! I do have one more question if you don't mind,, how often should they be shedding around this age? I couldn't find anything specific on that and unfortunately there doesn't seem to be as much info on BABY veiled care but rather juvenile and adults.

You are in luck! I talk about this in my video:

Spoiler: About once a month if not even more frequently.

You are in luck! I talk about this in my video:

Spoiler: About once a month if not even more frequently.

Wait a sec.. these are YOUR VIDS?? lol I watch your YouTube channel all the time!! You're actually the one I've gone to for advice in your videos like all the time! I'm subscribed lol. You've actually helped me in the past when I was getting supplements and I asked in your comments what multivitamin you used and you helped me out a bunch on that as well. I've seen both the vids you sent already like at least 3 times but I wanted to make sure on here and sure enough it's you. Anyways you're awesome and I love your vids! Thank you so so much again and sorry if I was just awkward lol

Wait a sec.. these are YOUR VIDS?? lol I watch your YouTube channel all the time!! You're actually the one I've gone to for advice in your videos like all the time! I'm subscribed lol. You've actually helped me in the past when I was getting supplements and I asked in your comments what multivitamin you used and you helped me out a bunch on that as well. I've seen both the vids you sent already like at least 3 times but I wanted to make sure on here and sure enough it's you.
They are indeed haha :) I'm actually editing a video right now. I'm pretty active on the forums. Aww that makes me so happy to hear that. Thanks for subscribing. Glad I could help you out with supplements. I know they can be pretty daunting. Wow this is pretyy cool. It means my videos were able to help you get your enclosure setup properly (plus all the other research you did).
Anyways you're awesome and I love your vids! Thank you so so much again and sorry if I was just awkward lol

Hahaha no no no not at all! You are very very welcome.

What's your username on YT? I'll be sure to keep an eye out for any comments from you.

They are indeed haha :) I'm actually editing a video right now. I'm pretty active on the forums. Aww that makes me so happy to hear that. Thanks for subscribing. Glad I could help you out with supplements. I know they can be pretty daunting. Wow this is pretyy cool. It means my videos were able to help you get your enclosure setup properly (plus all the other research you did).

Hahaha no no no not at all! You are very very welcome.

What's your username on YT? I'll be sure to keep an eye out for any comments from you.
Oh that's awesome lol. And yeah you're definitely a big reason my husbandry and set up are good! My user should just be Lauren Williams. I'll be sure to hit the bell and stay up to date on your videos (even tho I've watched them so much you're always in my recommended lol)! Can't wait to watch the next one and learn some more! It's nice to talk with you (again lol) and I'm so very grateful for all the help you've given me!! ?

Good news! He ate 8-10 crickets this morning and he's doing good!! I guess he just needed some extra time to really settle in :))
That's what I was going to say. My baby I got even he was 1 month and he ate but it wasn't very many at first. After a few days he was eating 8-10 crickets. Now at two months he is all over his enclosure eating every feeder I put in there plus the neighbors kid. Rest his soul he was a good little chap. Anyway, My cage is 18x18x32 and Orion has never had an issue hunting his feeders.

That's what I was going to say. My baby I got even he was 1 month and he ate but it wasn't very many at first. After a few days he was eating 8-10 crickets. Now at two months he is all over his enclosure eating every feeder I put in there plus the neighbors kid. Rest his soul he was a good little chap. Anyway, My cage is 18x18x32 and Orion has never had an issue hunting his feeders.
Lmao that's awesome. Orion is his name? That's adorable! I named mine Gideon. He ate all his crickets today and he's been going up and down all the Vines and stems and whatnots now! I'm so happy. Is it weird to feel proud of him? Cause I do lol

Lmao that's awesome. Orion is his name? That's adorable! I named mine Gideon. He ate all his crickets today and he's been going up and down all the Vines and stems and whatnots now! I'm so happy. Is it weird to feel proud of him? Cause I do lol
Yup it's my favorite constellation. I'm proud of all my reptiles. Orion is my baby though. My other baby is my 7 month old sulcata tortoise. It took Orion almost 3 weeks before he started to explore his whole cage. Yesterday, he just started to come out on my hand by himself. Mostly, because I hand feed him bsfl. He loves them. He will go to one of his three spots where I fed him and wait. If I don't approach he will get mad lol

Yup it's my favorite constellation. I'm proud of all my reptiles. Orion is my baby though. My other baby is my 7 month old sulcata tortoise. It took Orion almost 3 weeks before he started to explore his whole cage. Yesterday, he just started to come out on my hand by himself. Mostly, because I hand feed him bsfl. He loves them. He will go to one of his three spots where I fed him and wait. If I don't approach he will get mad lol
Lol that's so cute. I just love how each individual Cham has their own personality. My Gideon is pretty shy rn. He even runs away if a cricket is too big lol. I hope to start working with him on hand feeding in a week or so and hopefully transition that into handling. He has been coming up to the front of his cage where I am when he chases a cricket that crawled there so hopefully that means he's getting used to my presence. And I understand the feeling, Gideon is my baby too. All my past pets have been either like my little buddy or just simply a pet but Gideon is my pride and joy already! My dog Alvin is starting to get jealous cause he can't come in the room when I'm feeding him lol

Update on baby Gideon cause why not! He just started eating out of a cup today! I have a makeshift cricket bowl and he finally decided he wanted to use it and I'm so happy! Hopefully now it won't be as hard to track how much he's eating. Also I've started to work with him on handling and he seems to be at least tolerant. I'm doing the stick method. I'm so proud of him and happy with his small victories! ?

Back
Top Bottom