Baby Questions

Metal725

I have 18 little panthers that are almost 2 months old. Ive been feeding them fruit flies but recently upgraded to pinheads and some are eating 2 week old crickets. My questions are...

1. Ive heard mixed things about when and how to give them supplements. Should i stay on the schedule of daily calcium, D3 every other Sunday, and Multivitamin every other Sunday? Ive heard babies cant handle the calcium as well as adults when they are so young.

2. They are currently in a big plastic storage container with heat and uvb but at almost 2 months, would i be able to move them to a bigger screen cage? They dont seem to be competing for food but i feel they should be bigger in size than they currently are.

Thanks for any help!!

Calcium is water soluable, whatever they don't need or use will be excreted. I give my panther babies one calcium (no D3) dusted feeding everyday. I should say lightly dusted.
Before putting them into a screen cage you should consider getting another big plastic box (60qt.) and splitting them into 2groups of nine, especially if you're still feeding such small prey insects. I would think at 2 months old they should be eating 2-3 week old crickets.

Back
Top Bottom