DSCN4736.jpg

DSCN4737.jpg

DSCN4738.jpg

DSCN4739.jpg

DSCN4740.jpg

DSCN4742.jpg

DSCN4748.jpg

I apologize for that overwhelming dose of cuteness! :p

Wow. I absolutely despise the newly-coined term, "pyglet" (makes me cringe, actually), but I think you've more than made up for it with some brilliant photos (and a great job raising them).

Cheers!

Fabián

Wow. I absolutely despise the newly-coined term, "pyglet" (makes me cringe, actually), but I think you've more than made up for it with some brilliant photos (and a great job raising them).

Cheers!

Fabián

I am pretty sure I started the "pyglet" thing-at least on this forum! Normally things like that would make me cringe too but for these guys it is so fitting! :rolleyes: I truly enjoy these little guys-how can you not stop and think this is a great world when you see creatures like this? :)

I am pretty sure I started the "pyglet" thing-at least on this forum! Normally things like that would make me cringe too but for these guys it is so fitting! :rolleyes: I truly enjoy these little guys-how can you not stop and think this is a great world when you see creatures like this? :)

Hehe, they are incredibly comical-looking, but on the other hand, they're not the easiest to keep and breed longterm. It's very refreshing to see these babies doing so well.

Again, good job, and keep the photos coming!

Fabián

I have to say I have had many failures. I started keeping them in aqauriums-my first CB babies mostly lasted 9 months and one lasted just over a year. I got some more-mostly WC, and never seemed to have much luck. I tried keeping them in Exoterra, no luck there. My first clutch of 4 eggs sweated, pipped, then nothing. None of the babies lived. I got some more WC females, they laid one clutch each then died. One of the clutches produced babies with giant eyes. They were certainly cool looking, but none lived more than 4-6 months. The other 2 clutches produced healthy, strong babies all of which are alive today. All were males. I kept 3 that are here with me today, all big strong, healthy males(I posted pics earlier). I got them some WC women, and they laid the eggs that produced the babies in these pics. The WC women are laying their second clutches, and are all looking fantastic and strong. Why am I now sucessful? I swear it is because I am keeping them in plastic totes with only coconut fiber in the bottom and using plastic plants. On my dining room table-of course! ALl open tops, with only ambient UVB from the surrounding cages. No heat and no direct light. And look at them-all healthy and thriving. I have one pair and one trio, and then a solo bachelor guy who needs a woman!

is that 5 from one clutch? I've had that happen before but the female that laid them was like a balloon and constatnly looked like she was pregnant. How old are they now?

is that 5 from one clutch? I've had that happen before but the female that laid them was like a balloon and constatnly looked like she was pregnant. How old are they now?

No-that was a 3 clutch and a 3 clutch-but one did not make it out of the egg. They hatched the 15th and 16th of July.

I have to say I have had many failures. I started keeping them in aqauriums-my first CB babies mostly lasted 9 months and one lasted just over a year. I got some more-mostly WC, and never seemed to have much luck. I tried keeping them in Exoterra, no luck there. My first clutch of 4 eggs sweated, pipped, then nothing. None of the babies lived. I got some more WC females, they laid one clutch each then died. One of the clutches produced babies with giant eyes. They were certainly cool looking, but none lived more than 4-6 months. The other 2 clutches produced healthy, strong babies all of which are alive today. All were males. I kept 3 that are here with me today, all big strong, healthy males(I posted pics earlier). I got them some WC women, and they laid the eggs that produced the babies in these pics. The WC women are laying their second clutches, and are all looking fantastic and strong. Why am I now sucessful? I swear it is because I am keeping them in plastic totes with only coconut fiber in the bottom and using plastic plants. On my dining room table-of course! ALl open tops, with only ambient UVB from the surrounding cages. No heat and no direct light. And look at them-all healthy and thriving. I have one pair and one trio, and then a solo bachelor guy who needs a woman!

How is it for drainage with just coco fiber, it also seems like a much easier way of keeping brevs, you breed them in the tubs too? Also, how many quarts are your tubs? How high and stuff?

Questions: What size enclosure is needed for an adult to live by it's self? What about two, or do they need to be separated like the larger species? And, forgive me if this is a dumb question, but, what does WC stand for? Most of the other abbreviations I was able to figure out, but WC?

You can't get much cuter than piggyback pyglets! LOL

Great pictures Juli. I can never get too much of cute, so keep them coming. My Nosy be's hatched last week, talk about cute!

Questions: What size enclosure is needed for an adult to live by it's self? What about two, or do they need to be separated like the larger species? And, forgive me if this is a dumb question, but, what does WC stand for? Most of the other abbreviations I was able to figure out, but WC?

WC - wild caught

Adults alone can be held in 10gal or bigger. If you wanted to you can have a pair in a 10gal but expect babies. A good rule of thumb is 10gal/pygmy as long as the enclosure is very dense. Males can get aggressive like the larger species and females can tolerate one another but its not always the case.

Back
Top Bottom