Baby Pictures!

Scott85

They are between 3 and 4 months currently and just starting to show some colors now. Mommy came in gravid labeled as a Nosy Faly.

Ladies First.

Female 1.jpg

Female 2.jpg

And some of the brothers.

Male 1.jpg

Male 1a.jpg

Male 2.jpg

male 3.jpg

Male 4.jpg

For anyone that might be wondering. These are the brothers and sisters to the "baby with the deformed tail", or as I call him Curly. Curly is still doing very good, he is now one of the biggest of the bunch. I will post a few pics of him tomorrow, didn't think to take a few tonight.

What do you all think?

Hey Scott. Ive been waiting to see some pics of these man. Good work. Amazing that you were able to save Curly man. Those males look very good. That one real pink female is gorgeous also. Im sure the camera is washing out alot of their colors too.

Thanks for the compliments. The camera did wash out alot of their colors, that pink lady glows! I still have high hopes for them, they look a little better everyday.

And finally as promised here are a few pictures of their famous brother. For anyone that is interested in his backstory there is a thread about him here.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/neo-deformed-tail-breeders-please-51831/

He has grown quite well, right along with the others. He did start a little small, and his first months growth was as well. But after that he shot off like a rocket. Now that he is bigger his tail has become a tad more useful to him. He can move the base of his tail in all directions. The tip past the bend can only curl slightly and has no other real movement to it. He uses it alot though when he moves around, hooking it on braches, sometimes unintentionally too. Also his balance is not the best on moving objects, I think that from the lack of tail though. But all things considered he is doing just great, and I could not be happier!

The lighting in the dining room is horrible for pictures, so the colors are muted.
But here he is...

Curly 1.jpg

curly 2.jpg

curly 3.jpg

He looks really healthy Scott. Do you think he'll have any more issues with his hemipenis in the future? Do you think he'll have enough room for it as he grows? Great work getting him this far man. I have to admit when I read your first thread on him I didnt give him alot of hope. He's a fighter bro.....;)

Thank Jann. Curly will not be going anywhere, you said it, he is just too cute! :) How is elly doing?

I wasn't all too optomistic myself when I first realized what was going on. But he has proven himself to be a champ. At this point it looks about 50 50 on future issues. His tail is just long enough before the bend that they might or might not have room. I hope he doesn't have future issues with it, but I have disscussed a few options with my vet if it does happen. One including possibly breaking his tail and splinting it straight, under anestesia of course. I do think that the bend will be the cause of future problems if they arise. It looks like it would definately pinch off the pouch for them to retract into, depending on just how gifted he is. Time will tell.

Thank Jann. Curly will not be going anywhere, you said it, he is just too cute! :) How is elly doing?

I wasn't all too optomistic myself when I first realized what was going on. But he has proven himself to be a champ. At this point it looks about 50 50 on future issues. His tail is just long enough before the bend that they might or might not have room. I hope he doesn't have future issues with it, but I have disscussed a few options with my vet if it does happen. One including possibly breaking his tail and splinting it straight, under anestesia of course. I do think that the bend will be the cause of future problems if they arise. It looks like it would definately pinch off the pouch for them to retract into, depending on just how gifted he is. Time will tell.

Scott, Elly is going great! Thank you for asking. She's 6 months old today. I have an update picture of her here: https://www.chameleonforums.com/luie-camille-offspring-one-year-old-56564/#post532125

They have all grown quite a bit since the last pictures I took of them. I still dont know if they are going to turn out faly or not, but I think they are still looking good. I thought I would share some more pics and see what you all think of them.

Please excuse the beat up hands, being outside in the wet and cold this time of year takes its toll on them. But it puts crickets in the cages... Anyway.

First my little buddy Curly. He was not cooperating in the least bit today, he would not stay still at all. So there is only one of him.

curly1.jpg

Here are some of his purdy sisters.

female1.jpg

female2.jpg

female3.jpg

female4.jpg

And of course some of the brothers. They are now about 7in total length, the two biggest are the same size as my male carpet cham. The first guy is one month younger than the rest. The bright blues I felt warranted a pic, although they didn't show all too well.

male4.jpg

These two guys are best buddies atm. They seem to really enjoy eachother still. Every night they will sleep in the same spot side by side, with the pretty salmon colored female, who is in the last two pics of the females btw.

male1.jpg

These last three are individual pics of the 3 largest males.

male1a.jpg

male2.jpg

male3.jpg

Well thats what I got so far. I am really enjoying watching them get their colors. I just wish they would hurry it up a little bit :).

What do you all think of them so far?

I think those are awesome looking Scott. Those females are gorgeous. All the girls have some great barring and cool colors. Cant wait to see how some of those males turn out. They are already starting to look real good bro.

Gotta' agree with Scott K on this. Those females are gorgeous!! And I love that first of the last three males. He looks like he's going to be stunning!! Can't wait to see more pics as these guys grow.

Its been a while since my last update on the babies, so here it goes. For those who havent been following, The mother of this clutch was sold to me as a WC Nosy Faly. She gave me 30 eggs and this is what came of them. They are all 6mo old now, and starting to show some solid colors. Even still they are changing by the day.

Ill start off with some of my keepers. First up everyones favorite, Curly! He is a big boy now, and *knock on wood*, no problems!

curly.JPG

I am just absolutely in love with the colors on this female. She wasn't willing to sit still so it is a little blurry but her colors still show through.

25.JPG

Next this guy is intense, he is neon blue 90% of the time he is awake.

1.JPG

1a.JPG

1b.jpg

Here are a few pics of other males, they were outside and freaked birds in the tree above them.

2.JPG

5.JPG

4.JPG

Now to the males that are really confusing me. They showing nice blue bars before, they are the two pictured together in my last post. After a shed I notice a good deal of red coming into their barring behind his large scales, more on the skin. After a few weeks they were showing solid red bars, I wasn't too happy to see this. Over the last three weeks or so they have started to get some really deep dark blue patches back into the red. The blue is spreading more and more, but they still have way too much red. Here are some pics of one of them.

This is him at rest.

questionable 3.JPG

questionable 2.JPG

A few more pics of him more excited to follow.

Back
Top Bottom