Baby Parson's Chameleons!

Awesome. Thanks Chris. It's great to see how informative research and documentation on Parsonii, such as the books from Petr Necas, translate into how care and keeping is actually done by some people. Since the species are a bit more rare in captivity than other species, there seems to be less information on ways to keep them in captivity, than how their natural environment is in the wild- which leaves the keeper to interpret the info on their own.

Hopefully in four or five years we will be seeing offspring of these babies.

My Parsons!!

Hello all!! I am new to this forum but not to chameleons!! Some of you
know me and some of you don't, anyway just thought I would share some
pics of my set up and Parsons cham (PARSY!!) He is a male subadult not
showing his colors yet but still looks AWESOME!!! The cage is 5x3x2 roughly!!
I have a 4 foot potted ficus tree with natural wood branches on top where
he spends most of his time!! I have set up as you can see an ultrasonic
humidifier next to his cage with pvc pipe going to the top of the cage and
elbowing to the right to put the mist directly over the top of the cage!! He
absolutely loves it he basks there for hours!! I have a DIY dripper on the
opposite side by his basking light which he uses in the morning when he goes
to bask for a few minutes!! Lighting is a T-5 colormax compact light for the
benefit of the ficus tree!! I use a REPTISUN 10.0 tube directly behind that
for UVB and a 5 inch dome in the far corner for basking!! Oh I forgott to
mention I also mist him every 2 hours for 10 minutes!!:D

Last edited:
Putting myself out on a limb here....Chris...I think you might just have a male and a female there....but its just my best "guess". Time will tell, eh?

What do you mean when you talk about the green stripes?

Tyler, I love the ones with the white spot! Not sure if yours is female or not due to the angle of the chameleon in the picture.

Tyler, I love the ones with the white spot! Not sure if yours is female or not due to the angle of the chameleon in the picture.
Here's an updated pic of my male Parsons. He was sold, but the payment hasn't shown up yet... I think he's back up for sale, I've dealt with these types of situations too many times to think it's still coming LOL....
Parsons5-07b.JPG

Hello Parson keepers
I have not had a parsonii since 2001 and I am seriously looking to get a young pair, or at least a juvenile male for now.. Can someone please fwd me the contact information for who has available babies?

Thanks for the videos post TreelionsUK. Those videos have been around awhile. They are fun to watch. One of these days I'll be eco touring Madagascar just to see these beauties.
I know Chris has been there a few times and it would be neat to hear his stories about parsonii in the wild. I know they are one of his favorites as well.

Last edited:
Also, I'm fairly certain that the only reliable way to sex parsonii is when the male actually begins to develop his rostral protuberances. This can happen around the one year mark, but may not be present until close to 18 months. A friend in Germany thought he had a pair until the second parsonii developed its protuberances at 2 years of age. He believes the slower maturation of the second parsonii may have been due to the other, slightly larger male, showing some subtle dominance over the smaller chameleon, hence slowing its development somewhat. The 'new' male, now with definate protuberances, has retained its 'female green' coloration to date too. They were the same age and were housed together from babies.
I'm positive that neonate or juvenile coloration, or 'striping', are not reliable in determining sex. The presence, or lack of, a lateral white spot has nothing to do with the sex.

Last edited:
Sean i am "gagging to get some but will have to wait till september until i get them,they look great i have see a few females but not males.
i see someone has them for sale on your side of the world are you gonna invest in some?go on you know you want to:D

Sean i am "gagging to get some but will have to wait till september until i get them,they look great i have see a few females but not males.
i see someone has them for sale on your side of the world are you gonna invest in some?go on you know you want to:D
:) Oh, I'm dieing to buy Tyler's male and Chris' female, they are just awesome and you couldn't ask for better specimens from more knowledgable people, but I just can't swing that kind of investment right now. Believe me, I've considered selling a kidney on the black market so I can get me them ;)
Are you waiting for the September Hamm show to get your parsonii?
Believe it or not, I'm actually considering flying over to attend it myself if I can find a breeder with a CITES export permit. It would also allow me to visit my friend Sebastian in Frankfurt that has 4 pair of parsonii and a great breeding project, but no babies yet.
Funny thing is, I could fly over to Hamm, buy two pair of true cbb parsonii and still pay less than the cost of a single pair of the parsonii offered here in the US. Getting them back with proper documentation is the problem.

Last edited:
:) Oh, I'm dieing to buy Tyler's male and Chris' female, they are just awesome and you couldn't ask for better specimens from more knowledgable people, but I just can't swing that kind of investment right now. Believe me, I've considered selling a kidney on the black market so I can get me them ;)
Are you waiting for the September Hamm show to get your parsonii?
Believe it or not, I'm actually considering flying over to attend it myself if I can find a breeder with a CITES export permit. It would also allow me to visit my friend Sebastian in Frankfurt that has 4 pair of parsonii and a great breeding project, but no babies yet.
Funny thing is, I could fly over to Hamm, buy two pair of parsonii and still pay less than the cost of a single pair of the parsonii offered here in the US.

They will hopefully be pre ordered for collection at hamm,giving me time to get things sorted,
Do they really cost that much your way!!!??:eek: I have been offered them for £600 each so thats not too bad... £1200 for a pair,worthevery penny i reckon:D How much are they then??

The most recent newly imported 10 to 11 inch specimens were $2000 to $2200 'each' at Prism Chameleons.
Tyler is asking $3000 for his one year old 12" male.
Chris is asking $3200 for his one year old 12" female.
These two came from the same shipment last year and I believe to be related. They are spectacular animals to be sure and if I had the money, I would not hesitate one second to get them both.
Sebastian has told me of baby yellow lip parsonii selling for 375 Euro ($510 US) for four month olds and 475 Euro ($650 US) for 6 month olds.
A friend in the Netherlands told me he picked up a 'pair' of cbb Globifer for 425 Euro!
Unfortunately, neither of the sellers wanted to mess with CITES permits. :(

Last edited:
The most recent newly imported 10 to 11 inch specimens were $2000 to $2200 'each' at Prism Chameleons.
Tyler is asking $3000 for his one year old 12" male.
Chris is asking $3200 for his one year old 12" female.
These two came from the same clutch and I believe to be related. They are spectacular animals to be sure and if I had the money, I would not hesitate one second to get them both.
Sebastian has told me of baby yellow lip parsonii selling for 375 Euro for four month olds and 475 Euro for 6 month olds.
A friend in the Netherlands told me he picked up a 'pair' of cbb Globifer for 425Euro!
Unfortunately, neither of the sellers wanted to mess with CITES permits. :(

Really:eek: :eek: thats £1500ish each!! 3 Grand a pair then LOL!! Baby yellow lipped £255 at hamm! that is cheap!
Im looking for the orange eye parsons i love them

Im looking for the orange eye parsons i love them
Me too! I prefer them over the yellow lip as well.
I'm very jealous of your proximity to Hamm and it sounds like you won't have to mess with the permit issue either.
Good for you!

Me too! I prefer them over the yellow lip as well.
I'm very jealous of your proximity to Hamm and it sounds like you won't have to mess with the permit issue either.
Good for you!

Here is a pic of my orange eye during the day!!:D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom