Baby Panther hurt back?!

My baby Panther chameleon looks like he has a "broke" back. Not sure if it's just him being flexible or is this is something I need to worry about extremely. He eats, drinks, and poops. But is also often a very dark color. His terrarium is 80-87 depending on mistings and humidity is gets as low as 40 and as high as 80 also depending on mistings. I mist 5 times a day and he has a dripper. Basking area is 85-90 but isn't a basking bulb. That's just where the bulb is and is a daylight bulb. He's only 7 weeks old and this greatly concerned me. The whole back thing.
When he's just basking and asleep he looks normal. While roaming around his back right by his tail looks practically caved in:,(!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 140
Hi Austin. Your picture is not the best, but from what I can see that does not look normal I am sorry to say. Did he look that way when you bought him? Can you get a few more pics up??

I will get more pictures. No he was not, not that I noticed. Do you have any idea what could be wrong? Is he to young for it to heal:(? I can't stand the thought of this little man taking a bad turn. I'll post more pictures the second I get them taken.

I have seen some chameleons over the years that have birth defects where their spine did not develop right. Metabolic Bone disease can also cause some deformity in the spine, but he is awfully young for that and his limbs look straight so I highly doubt that is the case. If he did not come that way, I would say he could have fallen and caused injury. It is just a guess and if you post the pics and we determine there is indeed something wrong,I would have him checked out by a vet.

Wait!!! There looks like a leaf covering part of his spine??? ok looking at the second pic, it is not right. I did not realize there was a third pic, but there is a leaf.

I'm going to take him to the vet asap tomorrow! Can a little dude this young recover from an injury like if that's what it is?

I'm so so sad about this. I feel like it was something I've done wrong. I love this little dude and it kills me he might be hurt:(!

Back
Top Bottom