baby panther eating

jah

I was just curious how many crickets my 2 month panther should be eating? Also a quick question about what to use at the bottom of the enclosure? atm i'm using paper towel. Thanks:)

paper towel works fine..as for cricket intake, my cham is approx 2 to 2 and a half months old and eats about five to six small crix a day..

alright thanks! he's eating the same, just making sure all is good..i do notice the paper towel gets pretty wet after about the 2nd day i put new dry ones in, is that normal?

if you are misting the correct amount ..then yes totally normal..thats why people have invented all kinds of drain systems for thier cages..

with young ones it is good to give them all they will eat in about 5 min twice a day.
jmo hoj

alright thanks! he's eating the same, just making sure all is good..i do notice the paper towel gets pretty wet after about the 2nd day i put new dry ones in, is that normal?

Hey there,

As far as the paper towels go, do you mean they are staying wet for days? From that info I gather that you don't have a drainage system in place, and so the water has no way of escaping to allow evaporation. My only concern with that is the risk of bacteria building up. I always allow my enclosures to dry out completely before misting again, and that is one of the reasons. Maybe consider setting up something simple soon?

Ya they stay wet for days, that's why I change them so much,.I was worried about bacteria buildup also, is there any quick type of draining system I can use,.I read somewhere about drilling a hole in the bottom of my enclosure,.is that the best way?

i cup feed my 2-3 month male panther twice a day. he usually ends up eating around ~10 crickets per day.

Hey there,

As far as the paper towels go, do you mean they are staying wet for days? From that info I gather that you don't have a drainage system in place, and so the water has no way of escaping to allow evaporation. My only concern with that is the risk of bacteria building up. I always allow my enclosures to dry out completely before misting again, and that is one of the reasons. Maybe consider setting up something simple soon?

I have an exo-terra, would it be alright to drill a hole to the bottom?

Back
Top Bottom