Baby Panther coming need advice please

RobStac

Hey, so I just ordered a Nosey Faly panther chameleon, its a baby and its going to be delivered on the 21st, now I have a veiled chameleon and a carpet chameleon all ready, so I have a 36 gallon screen cage set up its 16.5 x 16.5 by 30, and I was wondering is that a good size for the panther right now, or ( I have my carpet chameleon who is very small in a 100 gallon screen cage) should I switch them and give the panther the bigger cage and let him grow up in it and the carpet in the smaller cage because they stay small? please advise ?

It depends on how big your panther is. How old is he? When I got my last panther he was 2.5 months old and very tiny. I had a 18 X 30 X36 set up and when I saw how small he was I set up a 16 X 16 X 30 that worked out great. Really is gonna depend on the size of your chameleon.

Okay thank you, so I emailed the company and it is a nosy faly, and about 2.5 inches without tail, so do you think the 16.5 x 16.5 x 30 is good for him ?

Yes that would be fine until he gets bigger. This way if you do let his food loose and don't cup feed, he should be able to find it. That is the size I used and it worked out well.

I agree, you don't want a cage too big for such a little cham.

If they cant find their food right away, the feeders have plenty of time, and
space, to hide, and he may never find them.

Back
Top Bottom