Baby panther closing eyes during the day

Bubblestheousaletchameleo

Established Member
Hi my baby panther is closing her eyes in the day time can any one tell me what’s wrong there sleeping schedule messed up so idk if that has something to do with it.
  • Your Chameleon - Panther Chameleon, sex female , About 3 months. Has been in my care for 3 weeks.
  • Handling - 3times a week for a check up and to let him climb around for about 15 minutes.
  • Feeding -She was eating 10 micro crickets and a few wax worms but he’s stopped eating.
  • Supplements - I use flukers calcium I just put some of it on the crickets
  • Watering - I don’t use a dropper I just mist her cage for 60 seconds 3 times a day.
  • Fecal Description - her feces look normal but she’s not active and not eating
  • History -she has been really good for 2 months but suddenly she became less active and was not eating.

• Cage Info:

• Cage Type - screen cage 18"L X 18"W X 24"H
  • Lighting - 75 Watt Basking light and 10.0 UVB florescent bulb, 12 hour cycles, they go on at 8pm and off about 8pm.
  • Temperature - usually 80-85 in the day time and night time is usually 60-70
  • Humidity - humidity is usually 75-80
  • Plants - 2 ficus trees and a money tree
  • Placement - cage is in my room with my door open always so the airflow is good we don’t have ac but we do have a vent that’s suck out old air and brings in new air
  • Location - California San Diego

• Current Problem - closing eyes in day time

Could be stress from handling your chameleon. Could be vitamin A deficiency. Is it keeping normal bright green colors or is it a dark color? Is its nose up in the air?

Didn't you just redo the cages?
Is there a divider between you two chameleon's cages?
Have you been using a vitamin powder with a prEformed source of vitamin A in it twice a month as well as calcium at all the feedings but one a week? Have you been using a phos free calcium/D3 powder twice a month? Have you got the proper UVB? Are ur feeders the right size? Gutloaded/properly fed?

Is this the same chameleon that all of your threads have been, the other one, or are there threads for each?

Didn't you just redo the cages?
Is there a divider between you two chameleon's cages?
Have you been using a vitamin powder with a prEformed source of vitamin A in it twice a month as well as calcium at all the feedings but one a week? Have you been using a phos free calcium/D3 powder twice a month? Have you got the proper UVB? Are ur feeders the right size? Gutloaded/properly fed?
She’s been doing it before I did the cage redo too there’s a divider between the chameleons cages and the calcium is free from d3 I Have the proper uvb the feeders are the right size and they’ve been properly gut loaded and I have been using vitamin powder

What type of UVB do you have, and what is the distance from the bulb to the basking branch? How often are you using the calcium? What vitamin powder have you been using, and when have you been using it? What do you gutload with?

75 Watt Basking light and 10.0 UVB florescent bulb distance is 5 inches calcium 2 times a week flukers calcium and I have been using it I gutload with carrots and papaya and mango

What type of UVB do you have, and what is the distance from the bulb to the basking branch? How often are you using the calcium? What vitamin powder have you been using, and when have you been using it? What do you gutload with?
75 Watt Basking light and 10.0 UVB florescent bulb distance is 5 inches calcium 2 times a week flukers calcium and I have been using it I gutload with carrots and papaya and mango

You should be dusting with calcium at all feedings but one a week with phos free calcium powder lightly. On the one day a week that you don't dust with that, you alternate between a phos free calcium/D3 powder and a vitamin powder with no D3 but with prEformed vitamin A.

The most often recommended UVB lights are he long linear tube light Reptisun 5.0 or the Arcadia 6% long linear tube UVB light. The basking light should be a white light and the temperature at 80F.

If the insects are too small it won't eat them.

Being that it's a female, it will also produce eggs without having been mated. If you overfeed it when it becomes mature, it will likely produce a huge clutch and may develop follicular stasis, egg binding, MBD, etc. and die.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom