Baby Panther Chameleon Poop

Sailouchai

Hey I got my chameleon yesterday he got shipped overnight, and I got him in the morning, gave him a lot of space and tried feeding him twice and he didnt want anything, hes a baby panther chameleon so he expendt most of the time yesterday exploring his new home and hanging upside down ( which I believe its normal behavior for a baby ) I was really conscerned about him not eating or drinking, (did two food sessions throughout the day, didnt eat once and 2 misting sessions with the mistking and 2 handmisting) I dont know If he drank because I left him alone most of the time so he wouldnt be scared, he even turned completely white while sleeping which I believe means he is super relaxed but today he pooped and super dehydrated, I did some research so today he got his morning misting and night misting but In between I gave him a 20 min misting session because perhaps the water would dry out too quickly for him to drink, I wasnt checking on him but what If he still didnt drink? Today Im gonna leave him with the fogger turned on overnight so he gets some water but Im really stressed I feel like im failing him (Ill put a picture of the poop and a few of him and his enclosure just Im case anyone can find something that im missing) Oh and btw Im using spring/purified water

Attachments

• 361EAA85-BC71-43EC-AF58-B6BE547B17DF.jpeg
    361EAA85-BC71-43EC-AF58-B6BE547B17DF.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 125
  • C198FD19-5278-49E3-990C-27A7FA03D450.jpeg
    C198FD19-5278-49E3-990C-27A7FA03D450.jpeg
    178.5 KB · Views: 168
  • 1B778185-C749-4247-AB17-C8C32C4304D8.jpeg
    1B778185-C749-4247-AB17-C8C32C4304D8.jpeg
    243.6 KB · Views: 140
  • C66195EE-5484-49FA-80EF-4D418C01AF05.jpeg
    C66195EE-5484-49FA-80EF-4D418C01AF05.jpeg
    144.3 KB · Views: 131
It’s somewhat normal for him not to eat for a day or two until he adjusts to his new home. Just keep offering and make sure the feeders are appropriately sized. Anything larger than the space between his eyes is too big. Some chameleons are secretive about drinking and won’t drink if being watched. Do keep a close eye on urates as that will tell you his hydration status. While I’ve never had an animal shipped to me, I assume they do get a bit dehydrated during shipping.

It’s somewhat normal for him not to eat for a day or two until he adjusts to his new home. Just keep offering and make sure the feeders are appropriately sized. Anything larger than the space between his eyes is too big. Some chameleons are secretive about drinking and won’t drink if being watched. Do keep a close eye on urates as that will tell you his hydration status. While I’ve never had an animal shipped to me, I assume they do get a bit dehydrated during shipping.
Oooh okay thank you, ive been getting the smallest crickets they have on the store but I dont know what else I can get since they dont have much, they always try to sell me meal worms even though they are bad for them Ill keep trying hopefully he gets settled in, btw he still doesnt have a name so if you guys have any suggestions im all ears

Oooh okay thank you, ive been getting the smallest crickets they have on the store but I dont know what else I can get since they dont have much, they always try to sell me meal worms even though they are bad for them Ill keep trying hopefully he gets settled in, btw he still doesnt have a name so if you guys have any suggestions im all ears
You’ll probably be better off ordering some crickets and other feeders on line. I like https://www.ghann.com/Live-Crickets...ABILITY-LIMITED-DUE-TO-HIGH-SALESspan-C2.aspx for crickets. Shipping costs are high, but the crickets are great. You could also try some bsfl (aka calci worms, Phoenix worms), small silkworms, baby roaches, etc. I’m not sure of Josh’s Frogs sells variety packs, but I know http://www.lindasgonebuggie.com/ does. Here’s the graphic for feeders and also the one for gutloading them. Whatever feeders you use, you need to care for them well as healthy bugs offer more nutrition.
97105F39-F02A-43CC-BD44-5D7E200536AB.jpeg
8CE34061-26F7-41CA-9E5A-AFB45D3938CB.jpeg

im really happy to say that today, he decided he’d go for some crickets and eats them rapidly, I wanted to get him hornworms but they seem to big for him, I will try to give him something else than crickets but im struggling to find something small enough for him

I was just on Linda's Gone Buggie, and they have baby value packs! It's got 1/4" crickets, baby hornworms, and small black soldier fly larvae! http://www.lindasgonebuggie.com/page/425297584
1/4" or smaller roaches (dubia, discoid, red runner, green banana roach, etc.), green bottle fly spikes. blue bottle fly spikes, and baby silkworms are all great, along with bean beetles, too!

Back
Top Bottom