Baby Panther Chameleon not moving much?

G3RUD0

Just brought her home yesterday evening. When I woke her up this morning, I misted and handfed her. She took three crickets and slowly moved up the branch she was on. It's been a good hour or two since then and she's not really moved around a whole bunch. I moved her to another area just recently and she hasn't moved much from that spot either.

Her colours seem a little bit dark but she responded well to me feeding her. I'm just assuming she's still getting acclimated to her new home? Not sure if I should leave her alone and let her move when she's ready or..?

Top pic is from earlier this morning. Bottom is just now.
20180921_100623.jpg
20180921_135408.jpg

She's so tiny. How old is she? timw1 is right that young they eat and bask and eat. Don't handle him/her if you can help it. they need to settle in and feel safe first.
Someone said she looks about 3-4 months? How long does it normally take for them to acclimate? I've had her for a day and a half now. I know it'll be several days at least.

She also has some skin on her head that has yet to shed off. It's been a good day or so now. How much longer should I wait before attempting to remove it myself?

She will take a while to settle in and get used to her new environment. Do not even attempt to handle her for two weeks or so. I don't think you have to worry about the loose skin on her head, it can become problematic around her feet and tail. If you try to take it off you will probably hurt her. She looks younger than 3 or 4 months. Make sure you read, and follow the caresheets and continue to ask questions.

I think i saw your post alittle back is this the little guy from petco? Many time petco gets wild caught chameleons hints condition such as missing spikes,skin the list goes on from the looks of it i dont know why his back and legs look bent kinda almost like his back is curving inward and legs are floppy it could be the reason he fell to the ground? Ive never once seen a single healthy chameleon at petco or petsmart.

I think i saw your post alittle back is this the little guy from petco? Many time petco gets wild caught chameleons hints condition such as missing spikes,skin the list goes on from the looks of it i dont know why his back and legs look bent kinda almost like his back is curving inward and legs are floppy it could be the reason he fell to the ground? Ive never once seen a single healthy chameleon at petco or petsmart.

She was only there for a day and I was the one who primarily took care of her. She is eating and drinking fine too. She's doing a lot better now; the first night was new and scary but she's slowly acclimating and feeling her way around her enclosure.

She will take a while to settle in and get used to her new environment. Do not even attempt to handle her for two weeks or so. I don't think you have to worry about the loose skin on her head, it can become problematic around her feet and tail. If you try to take it off you will probably hurt her. She looks younger than 3 or 4 months. Make sure you read, and follow the caresheets and continue to ask questions.

I just fed her and she used the bathroom for the first time (she did it right in front of me too..). Unsure if the darker colour should be a concern? I remember hearing that it should be completely white..?
20180922_144732.jpg

Back
Top Bottom