Baby Oustalets

tadeusz

Just took a few pics of my 3 baby Ousties, they have settled in nicely, I've had them just over 3 weeks now. The 2 bigger ones are approximately 3.5-4 months old, the one little guy is about 2-3 months old.

DSCN0529.jpg

DSCN0533.jpg

DSCN0534.jpg

Glad to see the little buggers growing....Hows your food bill???

Not too bad actually. Between all of them... About 30-50 crickets a day. I just introduced superworms and waxworms. The 2 big guys had 1 of each right away the other day and the little guy didn't want anything to do with worms! I've been feeding 1/4"-3/8" crickets, may try to go up to 1/2" and see if they get full faster.

They are just so cute! Thank you so much for sharing. It's not everyday that I get to see baby Oustalets.

I must comment on how they are starting to " color-up"...the others haven't shown anything like that....yet!!!

awsome outstalet babies!!!

makes me want one that much more:D, if i had the space for one:p

dont they require alot more space than panthers becsue of their large/lenghty size???

How big are they? It is hard to tell from the pics...

Because based on your info, I am trying to figure out about how old these are:

OstieM.jpg
[/IMG]

OstieF.jpg
[/IMG]

awsome outstalet babies!!!

makes me want one that much more:D, if i had the space for one:p

dont they require alot more space than panthers becsue of their large/lenghty size???

I've heard some forum members saying that 2x2x4 is big enough... I plan on making something a little bigger here pretty soon (around 3' or 4' x 7'). Right now, 2 of the bigger guys are living together in a cage I build (~30"x30"x60"). I only plan on keeping them together for a few more months and then separating them (no signs or aggression or dominance yet). They pretty much hang out together with no issues. BUT, I have been hearing from some people that multiple male Oustalet's can live together??? I dunno about that, so my plan is to build 3 separate cages to house each one.

How big are they? It is hard to tell from the pics...

Because based on your info, I am trying to figure out about how old these are:

OstieM.jpg
[/IMG]

OstieF.jpg
[/IMG]

My 2 big guys are about 4-5 months old and approximately 5-6 inches. Little guy I believe is about 2.5 months and about 3.5 inches. Your guys look good. I wasn't interested in females right now, but yours looks really good!! Maybe later on, I may be interested in breeding... In 2-3 years!!

My 2 big guys are about 4-5 months old and approximately 5-6 inches. Little guy I believe is about 2.5 months and about 3.5 inches. Your guys look good. I wasn't interested in females right now, but yours looks really good!! Maybe later on, I may be interested in breeding... In 2-3 years!!

Is that including tail?? Because then mine are older than I thought!!

I'd guess the Male is about 10"-11"
And the Female 7"-8"

Including tail.

Thanks.

Is that including tail?? Because then mine are older than I thought!!

I'd guess the Male is about 10"-11"
And the Female 7"-8"

Including tail.

Thanks.

Sorry, should have clarified... Yes including tail. Snout to vent approximately 3.5" for big guys and 2" for little guys.

I just put my adult Male in a 175 Reptarium today, 30x30x48. Looks big enough, but we shall see how he adapts....

Here is the adult:

OstieBig.jpg
[/IMG]

He looks awesome!! I was reading up on the story you posted about the wild population of Oustalets in Florida! That's pretty crazy, but very cool. Everything can be found in Florida! lol

Yeah, and so far they seem really healthy.

But after capture, they had a only 2 hour drive to my house, and were not starved, held overseas, imported, wholesaled, and retailed!!

Back
Top Bottom