baby male veiled not eating

My 4 month veiled turned dark green/brown and ate less starting a few days ago. Then yesterday he shed. I'll have to see what he looks like today but maybe its the same deal.

The thing that bothers me is closing his eyes in the daytime. He could have another problem besides not eating. I was looking back at his pics and he looks like a small 3 month old.

Go ahead and fill out the "how to ask for help" questions. Its normal for them to be dark in the morning. This is the time they will bask the most to get their temps up from the night time drop.

The thing that bothers me is closing his eyes in the daytime. He could have another problem besides not eating. I was looking back at his pics and he looks like a small 3 month old.

ive only noticed his eyes closed once, and it was later in the day, about 30-45 minutes before lights out.

Go ahead and fill out the "how to ask for help" questions. Its normal for them to be dark in the morning. This is the time they will bask the most to get their temps up from the night time drop.

i already filled it out. its the very first post. i did notice hes a lot darker in the mornings, and lightens up somewhat throughout the day. he still stays pretty dark though.

hes eaten 8 crickets so far today, and i put more in his cup, so maybe the temps were too low for him. i raised his basking temp to 83-85 and the rest of the enclosure is at 73.

Well there ya go! :) if he was really tired that one day he might have gone to sleep a half an hour early. Can he see outside? If he can see the actual sunlight start to disappear, but his lights are still on, he will follow the actual sun.

Back
Top Bottom