DSC00348.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 137
  • DSC00352.jpg
    DSC00352.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC00357.jpg
    DSC00357.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 116
Very nice, but I don't think those are K. tavetana babies. The males are exhibiting a dorsal crest (which K. tavetana lack) and the babies all have the brown saddle characteristic of K. vosseleri. Are these from the female you posted in this previous thread: https://www.chameleonforums.com/help-identify-kinyongia-106713/? If so, it looks like I was wrong and I would now suggest based on the babies, that your female was in fact a female K. vosseleri.

Chris

Very nice, but I don't think those are K. tavetana babies. The males are exhibiting a dorsal crest (which K. tavetana lack) and the babies all have the brown saddle characteristic of K. vosseleri. Are these from the female you posted in this previous thread: https://www.chameleonforums.com/help-identify-kinyongia-106713/? If so, it looks like I was wrong and I would now suggest based on the babies, that your female was in fact a female K. vosseleri.

Chris

That female looks a lot like my female that doesn't have any dorsal spines, which I am starting to believe might be vosseleri as well. I believe she is gravid already, so I guess we should know in about a year and a half when we can see some males from her.

The other possibility is that he has the first CH Kinyongia uluguruensis. They do look suspiciously like them. And the males seem to be lacking the very heavy dorsal crest that vosseleri is known for. Just a few spikes on the saddle, just like K. uluguruensis. Hard to tell from the photos if they have any dorsal spikes in the tail region. I think that might be the deciding factor towards vosseleri when they get to be a bit older.

Last edited:
That female looks a lot like my female that doesn't have any dorsal spines, which I am starting to believe might be vosseleri as well. I believe she is gravid already, so I guess we should know in about a year and a half when we can see some males from her.

The other possibility is that he has the first CH Kinyongia uluguruensis. They do look suspiciously like them. And the males seem to be lacking the very heavy dorsal crest that vosseleri is known for. Just a few spikes on the saddle, just like K. uluguruensis. Hard to tell from the photos if they have any dorsal spikes in the tail region. I think that might be the deciding factor towards vosseleri when they get to be a bit older.

I think the males are showing the dorsal crest on the tail, which would be indicative of K. vosseleri. They also look like the baby K. vosseleri I've hatched previously.

Chris

I think the males are showing the dorsal crest on the tail, which would be indicative of K. vosseleri. They also look like the baby K. vosseleri I've hatched previously.

Chris

Good to know. One of my WC females resembles his, so she might also bear K. vosseleri offspring. We shall see. I have not paired her up and she is gaining some weight/girth. Fingers crossed.

Chris

Hi,

Yes they are from the female on the previous post.

I will get some clear shots of the crests on the week end.

Thanks everyone for the input!

John

Back
Top Bottom