baby hornworm food

I could suggest Mulberry leaves, also dependent on availability/climate, they would probably have to be ground up as well.

really? wow, i never knew that.
I thought only silkies able to digest mulberry.
I heard once that mulberry is proven fatal for others.
If what you are saying is right, then perhaps he can feed horn worm with silkworm chow.

hmmm.. interesting...

they are literaly the size of this letter "T" put a ruler up to the computer and messure how big that letter is cuz thats how big my worms are.

I put the ground up celery in there, as well as celery leaves and some soft cricket food in hopes that SOMETHING will get eaten. They r too small to see if they ate anything but hopefully they are.

and they did not get stuck in the celery gunk.

really? wow, i never knew that.
I thought only silkies able to digest mulberry.
I heard once that mulberry is proven fatal for others.
If what you are saying is right, then perhaps he can feed horn worm with silkworm chow.

hmmm.. interesting...

mulberry is not fatal at all. not sure where you may have heard that(?). You can definitely feed hornworms silkie chow.

Christy - If you have silkie chow cook it up and get those little fellas going! :) I only keep silkie chow on hand for both. I think a lot of folks buy both and it is totally unnecessary.

mulberry is not fatal at all. not sure where you may have heard that(?). You can definitely feed hornworms silkie chow.

Christy - If you have silkie chow cook it up and get those little fellas going! :) I only keep silkie chow on hand for both. I think a lot of folks buy both and it is totally unnecessary.

I heard it on some website i google when i research about silkworms.
ah very cool.. I learn something new everyday.

Just a few things to keep in mind. Hornworms are highly cannibalistic, if they do not have proper food immediately after they hatch. In other words they come out of the egg looking for food...no food they can eat...they will eat each other. You can feed them the green mulberry food, or the yellow wheat germ food. Again these worms are not sold in bulk like silkworms for this reason. They must be on food 24/7 or expect them to start eating each other. The best way to tell if they are eating the food will be to look for their waste. If fed green foods the waste will be black, if fed the wheat germ food the waste will be light brown. Also one should note these worms hatch out almost transparent, and if feed correctly will turn green on green foods and blue on yellow foods. Hope this helps.

P.S.- On the shipping, you can always use UPS or track your USPS packages with in 3 days of shipping for a scan that says arrival at unit. If you see this scan on the DC# it’s at your post office.

Back
Top Bottom