Baby hissing

Way2fastmike

Hey peeps, I have a baby helmeted chameleon that is either hissing or gasping for air ever so often. If it’s not hissing and it is gasping for air what could it be. He eats very well. And is kinda fat. Is there anything I can do to help the lil guy out?

Attachments

• 939E32CF-78A2-4E45-87E2-21981DCDD258.jpeg
    939E32CF-78A2-4E45-87E2-21981DCDD258.jpeg
    141.8 KB · Views: 44
For ur chams you don't want them 2 look fat you want them to look skinny on there legs u should be able to see the bones cut the eating for a bit make sure to still give him lots of water in the pic was he black? hard 2 see but he could be cold if hes black and making the hissing noise then hes prob just stressed but if he has his head up a lil hes prob gasping for air. Hope this helps hope u figure out what up with ur little one :)

Ok first of all, you should consider yourself lucky - hoehnelii are amazing chameleons! And you have a stunner!!

As for the hissing, it looks to me like he’s just hissing and trying to be a big, tough boy. Though I am by no means an expert. I wouldn’t worry.

That isn't a hiss it's a wheeze. I was hoping it was a yawn just prior to shedding but no, not with that sound. I would get him checked out and take that video clip with you. Better to get him treated early rather than let this spread. I don't see much in the way of ropy or stringy saliva but you don't want it to go that far.

That isn't a hiss it's a wheeze. I was hoping it was a yawn just prior to shedding but no, not with that sound. I would get him checked out and take that video clip with you. Better to get him treated early rather than let this spread. I don't see much in the way of ropy or stringy saliva but you don't want it to go that far.
What I was thinking. Been hissed at alot from different kinds of cham and didn't sound like that

Back
Top Bottom