Baby fledgling...

lisagr07

Avid Member
Two days ago there was a fledgling baby fliting around on the back deck... I noticed him but figured his momma was around and taking care of him..today, two days later I see him floundering around in the backyard... At this point I figure that he has been abandoned... Well I can't stand that so I go mashup some crickets add some water and draw it up in a syringe... Then I draw it up in x syringe and go catch him, I carefully feed him the liquid, he seems to take it in.... I don't want the neighborhood cat to find him so I put some soft wood shavings down in an outdoor cage and put him in it.....
I feel like he probably won't make it but I did what I could do for him and placed him out of danger for tonight..
We'll see what tomorrow holds.... ;). Wish us luck....

Nice job, Lisa. You should feel good, no matter the outcome. Search for a wildlife rescue and see if they can recommend a rescue group. :)

Thanks guys... Unfortunately the fledgling didn't make it... I tried and at least he wasn't ravenged and eaten by a stray cat or coon.... I buried him under the crepe myrtles.....

Back
Top Bottom