Baby eyes closed syndrome

I'm wondering if the problem with the eyes could be the electrolize...maybe even in combination with the powder? It might be irritating her eyes.

Is the electrolize sticky as it dries? Is it meant to be sprayed on a lizard or ingested? (I've never used it.)

There is a paper clip above where you are posting. The option is managing your attachments. You can go to browse and open a picture. It will bring you back to the management screen with the path fixed. Then hit upload. You will see a new box open up on the menu. The picture will have to be 250 kb or smaller. You can upload multiple pictures at a time then just post. This method will have a brown line at the bottom of the post saying thumbs attached (something like that). If you want to you can click back on the paper clip, select the picture (by name), and place it on a specific line. It will pick whatever line you are on before you click on the paper clip so make sure it is where you want it. This will put it directly in your post.

I think I wrote that understandable if not I am sorry.

i figured out how but these pictures are over 250 kb. i checked her basking light the temp when i checked it was 88.9 f about a inch under the mesh screen.

i figured out how but these pictures are over 250 kb. i checked her basking light the temp when i checked it was 88.9 f about a inch under the mesh screen.
i am still trying to get a picture, this is one i had to reduce

i just put a humidifier next to her cage ,i am not sure if i should turn it on???

Last edited:
in the pictures you can see her climbing up in "her" corner where she spends alot of time. in the fluker fixture there is a 5.0 zoomed compact flourescent next to the dome light.

I'm wondering if the problem with the eyes could be the electrolize...maybe even in combination with the powder? It might be irritating her eyes.

Is the electrolize sticky as it dries? Is it meant to be sprayed on a lizard or ingested? (I've never used it.)

It is sticky, but its not meant to be given alone. Its suppose to be diluted, 2 tiny droplets per 30ml. (1fl oz.)

So no, its not sticky or irritation at that dilution in the slightest.

I tryed to find where you posted about your supplementations sedual and how old she was. Could it be hypervitiminosis (mind my spellin)

i just got her last week and her first feeding was gut loaded crickets with zoomed reptivite is all i been giving her along with some baby silkworms.
shes still alive but she needs to eat, tomorrow im gonna put some food in her cage.

does anyone know if the humidifier would help??

Last edited:
i'm not sure how old she is ,she looks young maybe 4-5 weeks maybe 3 .

she looks so much better then she did i mean so much better now all she must do is eat i will not force feed her if she wants to live then she must eat on her own. tomorrow i will be putting some feeders in her cage , i am debating to let them free roam or put them in a cup.

Last edited:
she could be/been highly stressed its not good to move cham at that age stress alone could kill them at that age.

You bought the cham it was young cham should not be sold that young IMHO if it only 4-5 weeks any change like being shipped off to a store or a car ride, then a new cage in a new place with different evnvornments ect is all a HUGE change for a baby cham this is stressfull for them and stress for a baby is not good. Hope she id doing better for you.

shes better today i think she ate 5 crickets because they are missing shes also more active today normally when i spray her she don't move and today when i spray her she's moving ,climbing around etc. this has been taking alot of time to get her health back, im still not satisfied with the codition of her health yet. my goal is to have her in good shape by the end of the month.

I personally like to free range my chameleons feeders but considering the age I would not. I would go with something that has a big bottom and low sides. This way she can see them well from any angle and hopefully they will move around enough to stimulate her. I would probably keep it like that for the next month or so. I would keep putting it in the same spot so she know where to look for food.

I am with Brandy that selling them that young is not good and very stressful on them.

the first mistake was that i never asked how old she was I figured she was the same age the other babies i had were. so i sorta setup her cage similar to theirs when they were babies. the others i got direct from a breeder and we drove them here so as they were not out there for x amount of time to de-hydrate over x amount of time i should of sprayed her more when i received her.

today she is still alive and looking good ,she's moving around and i think she ate because i put 3 crickets to freerange and they seem gone and there is 3-4 missing from her cup ,i put 9 crickets in a cup today for her ,i noticed this morning she was perching over the cup . i am still spraying her with zoomed reptisafe + exoterra electrolize ,one day i alternated between reptisafe alone and then mix with exo-terra now im using both , from what the bottle says the electrolize might work its got stuff like calcium and some other stuff and i'm using it exactly how the instructions tell you to its 2 drops to 1 oz of water so i fill the sprayer to 16 oz and add 4 drops of reptisafe and 32 drops of exe-terra to the warm water.

Last edited:
she's improving because she ate at least it appears she did, she was up and moving around this morning but she didnt touch the 8-9 crickets in her cup so i left them free range and 3 hrs later their gone except 1 i looked in her cage for the crickets ,i sprayed her and her cage and seen 1 .
i was thinking the other day about what kind of vitamin schedule i'm gonna put her on and the crickets gotta be gut loaded then i'm gonna alternate between zoomed reptivite and reptical calcium this reptical says phosphorus-free calcium with vit.D ultra fine powder on the front label and on the ingedients it says calcium carbonate and vitamin D3 i been using this stuff since feb 2006 i usually mix this reptical with their multivitamin except for superworms i just drop them in the calcium alone. i put about 10 4-5 old silkworms in the cup for her .

her eyes are open more then they ever been ,she looks like she should and shes more aware , I think she hunted them crickets down.
10/10/06 sleepy ate again today and she looks well i have not seen her eyes closed in the past 2 days.this morning i put 11 crickets in her cage 2 were maybe small enough to escape the rest were trapped at around1:00pm i only seen 3 left and i sprayed her cage and looked for others i feel that she does look much better and is doing what she must do to live but she is not out of the danger zone yet.

Last edited:
here are some recent pictures they are not that good,sleepy was at the perfect area for pictures then i went to get the camera and she left. the flash is off for these pics as i do not want to stress her. she is still very skinny . do the crickets in the pic look to big for her to eat?

today she ate some more but she,s still very skinny i am cutting her basking light back to 7 hrs on per day.

sleepy went through the temp drop and seems ok shes been active and eating , i mean shes really bounced back and she don't run away when i put my hand in the cage, she was shedding as of sunday, today

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom