Baby chams eyes closed

Truth123

I posted a little while ago about my baby Cham not doing well. Well she's improved since and has been eating and drinking great. She's also been moved to a 10 gallon glass. Temps are good and humidity has been raised to the correct spot but now her eyes are closed...

Went to the vet, she gave me BNP drops in case of infection. The one eye opened but the other stayed shut. Now since this morning both eyes have been closed. She's also being less active and clearly hasn't eaten today.

Any ideas as to what I can do??? Or why her eyes are closed??

Baby about 4 months, very tiny for her age
Lives in 10g glass
Proper UVB bulb temp is around 90, vet suggested it be warmer
Humidity is good
Was eating meal worms being dusted every day without d3 and one for d3 2 times a month so far

well first i think that you should move her out of the glass. cause by you saying that it is a 10gal im assuming its a 10gal aqaurium. glass has horrible ventilation and will keep in stale air and give your cham a respitory infection. unless you have a terranium that has vents nar the bottom than your good. but if it only has a screen on the top you need to move her to a screen cage immdiately. as for her eyes being closed, what type of lights do you have and how close to them can she get?

The lights are slightly above the tank..maybe a few inches I guess. The branches in her tank don't go right to the top, prolly 2/3 inches from the top

Please, I would just like some opinions/ ideas as to why her eyes are closed. She came to me in rough shape and am trying to fix what was done wrong to her. Thanks

okay well i would move her out of the glass asap. my friend kept one in glass and he didnt last very long. a few other concerns i have are that your feeding just mealworms. you should also feed her other things such as crickets or roaches. i believe that mealworms have a good bit of fat in them and cricets and roaches are wayy easier to gutload. another thing is you said your uvb temp is 90? unless you have a special uvb it should not produce that much heat. this is what a heat bulb is for.

is your uvb 5.0 or 10.0? if he gets too close to it or it is too much for him then they will sometimes squint or just close their eyes

uhm i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this happened to me. make sure the uv is not to bright. make sure he is hydrated. mine lasted 3 days after this started. i wish you luck. i did everything i possibly could. he would just sit with his eyes closed and slowly got worse over the course of 3 days. make sure he gets his vitamins. and hape for the best. make sure temperatures are correct and conditions are good.

I had a regular day glo bulb but the vet said to use the 5.0 UVB bulb instead...the meal worms are all she wants so yes since she has so many other issues I'm letting her eat them as she refuses crickets and fruit flies. The bnp eye drops seemed to be helping but now she just seems to be going downhill...I'm not sure I want to spend the money on a tank if she's not going to live..but I don't want her to suffer either.

Please, does anyone have anything helpful to say???! I'd like help not criticism as I'm going by what the VET has told me! I'd like her eyes to open, if someone has a suggestion please share it! Thank you

hey man im sorry if you felt we were critisizing you, we were just trying to help. but anyways the only suggestion that i would have would be to make it so the uvb bulb was not as close to her cause it may be bothering her eyes

Back
Top Bottom