Baby Chameleon help!!

What are your humidity levels day and night? And the dripper is dripping on the plants correct? Same with the mister?

It can be normal for them to have more dehydrated urates at first. They are just figuring out their enclosure and most do not eat much at first. Moving forward the urates should be no more then 50% yellow/orange with the rest being white. Could be more yellow now if this is the first fecal/urate passed since in your care.
Dropper and mister both fall on plants, but the problem is he has are ready pooped 5 times this week and they were all normal with white urates, and today it was runny and yellow. Unless it feel from the tree and dispersed on the rock making it look like that?

Attachments

• D8020881-4066-4F65-B092-F17363EB9889.jpeg
    D8020881-4066-4F65-B092-F17363EB9889.jpeg
    213.5 KB · Views: 73
im not sure if anyone has said it but you should add more plants and branches closer to the top, that middle top section is pretty empty. he's adorable!

I was told by others it’s fine since
I have 10.0 uvb bulb not the 5.0
Your UVB is fine. We have already covered this. No worries there as long as you did the placement for it with the specifics I gave you.

Back to your question. Keep an eye on the urates. They are not dry or orange which would be a concern. How does the little ones eyes look? Not sunken in right?

I have the
Your UVB is fine. We have already covered this. No worries there as long as you did the placement for it with the specifics I gave you.

Back to your question. Keep an eye on the urates. They are not dry or orange which would be a concern. How does the little ones eyes look? Not sunken in right?

his eyes aren't sunken in at all

I have the

his eyes aren't sunken in at all
Good so just keep an eye on it. If they remain more yellow like this then you can add a cool mist fogger at night when temps are below 68 and no lights are on. This will help with hydration.

Yeah the deep domes are nice they pull the bulb a bit higher up into the fixture so it does not sit right not the screen. It will work fine for heat...
Awesome!! I just found out he will only eat if I’m not in the room or he can’t see me. I had a 11 crickets in my feeder he’s down to 4

Awesome!! I just found out he will only eat if I’m not in the room or he can’t see me. I had a 11 crickets in my feeder he’s down to 4
Pretty common when they are just settling in. Before long it won't matter what is going on if he sees food he will go after it. All about their comfort level.

Pretty common when they are just settling in. Before long it won't matter what is going on if he sees food he will go after it. All about their comfort level.

more updates!! Poop is back to normal with normal urates. He’s eating, but still grumpy as ever?. This upcoming pay I’m probably gonna get some real plants. I’ve seen the little bugger trying to eat the plastic so time to upgrade.

Be careful with the plastic!!!!! If he were to actually bite the plastic leaf and eat it that is dangerous to your cham. I suggest taking those out now, than risking it.

Be careful with the plastic!!!!! If he were to actually bite the plastic leaf and eat it that is dangerous to your cham. I suggest taking those out now, than risking it.

I don’t live in a large town with a flora shop, and a massive snow storm is about to hit so I can’t leave:/ so what should I do?

I don’t live in a large town with a flora shop, and a massive snow storm is about to hit so I can’t leave:/ so what should I do?
Take out the plastic plants, and order off of joshesfrogs.com. They have live plants that will arrive in a couple days. Your chamelon will be OK without the plants. It is not the best, but it is better than risking it's health.

Any big box home improvement stores you can get to?
Their plants aren't the best, but they're (usually) alive. :rolleyes:
Even the supermarkets around here sell some house plants.
Anyone you can "borrow" a plant or 3 from until the storm passes?

I'm just spitballin' here—what's important is to avoid your cham ingesting any plastic. ;)

Back
Top Bottom