Baby Bins (enclosures)

ChameleonRave

Avid Member
Well, its been just over a month since the eggs where laid by Delilah, and I checked them earlier today and all of them seem to be doing great! Almost all of them are bigger than when they were laid so that is a good sign! I noticed about 3 of them are dented, but it doesn't mean that they won't hatch!

-Okay so I was wondering when I should start to get the enclosure's started. Also what should I use to make them. I was thinking I could use large storage bins with the lids, but with the lid to be cut and make screen windows for ventilation and so i can set up the lighting... that is just an idea so far.

Does anyone have any ideas or old pictures of their baby enclosures for me to check out?
Thanks Zac

This worked for me when i was in a rush to put together a baby cage. All that was open at the time was walmart. So i had to improvse with a garbage can, screen, and bungee cords.

IMG_1458.jpg

This worked for me when i was in a rush to put together a baby cage. All that was open at the time was walmart. So i had to improvse with a garbage can, screen, and bungee cords.

IMG_1458.jpg

Awesome!!!!!! I had never thought of this. Since I take my chams outside in the warmer months, including babies, something cheap like this would work better than the plastic bins because of the heat that builds up in them. Great idea!!

Hey Julirs, just a quick question... where did you get the utility stand that your larger enclosures are on?? I have looked everywhere for one, and no luck! They are just so incredibly practical.

Also....the numbered pic of all the baby veileds is so incredibly cute :D

Very nice setup Julirs.

Thanks! I have since reclaimed the dining room and taken over the family room! :D

Hey Julirs, just a quick question... where did you get the utility stand that your larger enclosures are on?? I have looked everywhere for one, and no luck! They are just so incredibly practical.

Also....the numbered pic of all the baby veileds is so incredibly cute :D

I got that one at Lowes. If I could do it again I would get the one that is black or off-white-as I think those are covered with some kind of coating-mine is rusting. Costo sells one that is even bigger and has wheels-it holds 3 16X16X30 cages on each level.

Lowes's had had the stands on sale a month ago for I think 49$ I purchased another one then, it is a tad shorter, the wheels for them can me found either in the same area or hardware aisle for 28$.
Cheers

Oh how i love these kind of threads! :)

I used bins just like Jann did.
I was fortunate enough to get a couple of the jungle gyms Jann had made :)
I suggest to you Zac..you make those :D

If you do end up using bins..you will have a lot of bins. I remember my room was just FILLED with bins when i had babies. But its a good feeling waking up to all those critters :)

The trash can idea is fantastic!

Thanks all for the responses! This thread filled up fast! I plan to use the bins and the trash can is ideal for outside! Thanks!

What type of Bulbs are you using for the bins, Jann?
I have 3 clutches of Veiled babies waiting to hatch in the next few weeks, and I would love to make something like what you did.

What type of Bulbs are you using for the bins, Jann?
I have 3 clutches of Veiled babies waiting to hatch in the next few weeks, and I would love to make something like what you did.

Being in FL I don't use basking bulbs just a double fixture with one used UVB bulb (reptisun 5.0) and a regular fluorescent light bulb and that keeps their temps perfect (80 to 81 near the top).

Thanks all for the responses! This thread filled up fast! I plan to use the bins and the trash can is ideal for outside! Thanks!

If you use the trash can for outside. I would maybe put an extra layer of screen for the top just to create a little more shade. Babies will dehydrate faster in the sun. Don't leave them unattended for too long.

If you use the trash can for outside. I would maybe put an extra layer of screen for the top just to create a little more shade. Babies will dehydrate faster in the sun. Don't leave them unattended for too long.

Alrighty, I'm in South Dakota, so it doesn't get too terribly hot outside, somedays it gets to be 85+ outside, so I will surly do the double screen! :) Goodness its bright out! Spring is here! :) (sorry my rant is ended!)

Back
Top Bottom