Baboo acts so hungry

JonnyB22

So after our first chameleon passed away from illness after illness, we decided to get another veiled from a more reputable company. Baboo is a healthy little guy, he looks to be around 6-7 months and we feed him around 10 small crickets a day. Baboo acts as if he is still starving. Should we be feeding him more? I don't want to overfeed or underfed our little fella.

What size is your Cham and what size are the crickets? Maybe the crickets are to small for him so he is hungry.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369678249.155883.jpg
This is the best picture I have of Baboo, he absolutely hates people. The crickets are about the width of his eyeballs.

I can't really tell from the picture but his body looks small to be 6 months old as do his colors. I would up his food intake and try to find a couple other feeders. Sweet little guy.

i would feed your chameleon about 40 small, mine is a little bigger than yours and eats about 50 every 2 days. Your chameleon will stop eating when he is full so try feeding him more.:)

You should definitely feed more and preferably offer a variety of at least 2-3 feeders, not only crickets. Until about a year of age you should pretty much feed him as much as he will eat, because he needs energy and nutrients for growing! The issue of over-feeding becomes important once he reaches adult age.

Bthw, how do you gut-load the crickets (if you do) and what supplements do you use?

We gutload with fresh fruits and veggies and we dust with Rep-Cal Herptivite once a week and Rep-Cal Calcium with Vit.D once a month

We gutload with fresh fruits and veggies and we dust with Rep-Cal Herptivite once a week and Rep-Cal Calcium with Vit.D once a month

You also need plain calcium daily are his age. I am happy the he is going to be enjoying larger meals. Glad you checked in, the better he is cared for now the longer he will be with you.

Back
Top Bottom