babies

Hansen

I have 10 day old Jacksons and I could write a book regarding habitat etc. I dont know what Im doing wrong. The cage has 3 sides glass/2 sides screed. Plastic plants. Misting system. I mist them by hand with warm water several times daily. I have warm area 80 and cooler area 73. I have pin head crickets (90% fall to the floor but I put em inanyway) and ff abundant. I have newspapers on the floor...they dont look good. I have one who I have thought was dead 3x but she stands up off the floor and crawls back up on a branch ( plenty of branches). I would post pics but its so complicated to do it I cant.I have 3 that are eating and 3 that are not doing it well and I have the little one with 4 lives. I am not irresponsible and bred these guys to watch em die. She was gravid when I got her. Both the adults are doing beautifully. I cant get these guys to do good. I cant work. I cant think. I stand in front of their cage for hours every night. I have to work so im gone so I think im getting a thing to watch em but what could I do if. Im kust sick over this eating deal.

What are your night temps?
What are your supplements and schedule?
what size and kind of enclosure. Especially if you are raising them in a solid walled enclosure like a tub it is important to allow everything to dry completely between mistings. From the little info you've given, that would be my first guess about a problem- it's amazing how fast little chams can crash if they are kept in constantly damp conditions. Also- these are cool loving chameleons that can take temps even as babies really quite cool. If you are warming up their water to the point that it feels warm to you, it's probably much to warm for jacksons and could be shocking them. IMO it's better to use cool water- I'd say tap temperature cold water, but where my brother lives that's practically icewater. But water in the 60s or if hand misting, room temperature woud be appropriate (just let the water sit in the hand mister until it's room temp).

But inadequate supplementation can cause symptoms you are describing as well...

And temp drops at night important for this species- into the mid 60s or even a bit less. Adults can deal for longer without this and seem OK, babies, makes more of a difference...

Thank you!!!!! They turn black if I mist them w tap water. Im in colorado. Thank you. Im cooking them I guess. I everything off at night so it gets dry every night then I turn there Mrister on in the day. But all that I still have it too warm if you think 60 is a good temp. My house never get that low. and it scares me ill do it. Should I take their basking lampout? They don't know how to use it anyway. And as far assupplements go I actually can't figure out a way to put supplements on the Flies but the pin heads I sprinkle. dang it this is hard

Hey Hanson just got your pm. I'm sorry but I'm fairly new to this game myself. I also own a veiled not a jacksons so I don't know their specific needs. If there is something u need that I can help u with I certainly will. I was just referred to a vet who is a well respected member of the forum. Who practices out of Denver her user name is ferritinmyshoes. If u think they are going to die a trip to the vet is probably the best thing. I hope u can get it figured out. Sorry your stressed wish I could be more help. If there is anything I can do just ask.

Back
Top Bottom