B. thamnonbates ID and Seller

I would NOT buy from that person if I were you!!! Look into their posting history on faunaclassifieds and you'll see they regularly change their prices up and down all willy-nilly, make excuses, steal pictures, and there are several accounts form people claiming that he's a scammer. Buyers beware :eek:

They were offering 1.1 B. stumpffi which I was eyeing a while back and, after messaging them, I lost all faith that they may be a real seller and not a scammer

I would NOT buy from that person if I were you!!! Look into their posting history on faunaclassifieds and you'll see they regularly change their prices up and down all willy-nilly, make excuses, steal pictures, and there are several accounts form people claiming that he's a scammer. Buyers beware :eek:

They were offering 1.1 B. stumpffi which I was eyeing a while back and, after messaging them, I lost all faith that they may be a real seller and not a scammer

Thank you for the input. Noted.

I've never done business with him, but have contacted him about animals he had for sale previously. He would not take PayPal or any form of payment that offered any protection to the buyer, so I walked away.

Chris

Thanks, Chris, for the feedback.
Earlier today I asked the seller a couple of questions about his listing, but don’t see a reply as of yet, anyway.

I’ve seen him post some stuff that ‘shouldn’t’ have been available knowing the climate of the trade at those given times if you catch my drift. And those listing always seem to stay up for a long time for animals that should be hard to come by. Never even reached out, I have low tolerance for red flags to the point I probably miss opportunities somewhat frequently.

Maybe they guy was a newbie when it came to using Paypal possibly chameleons. First couple times using Paypal out here in the country side were a bit nerve racking for me. I was not 100% confident and am not 100% confident today with the protection the provide. There are other forms of secure payment that could be agreed upon. This guy is obviously not a well known keeper/breeder to the Chameleon Forums. Someone should talk with him though about his Bradypodion though.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for your replies. With your help and my own purchases I'm getting an idea of the chameleon trade(rs) as time goes on, but I am new to most of it. On the strength of the feedback from each of you and the absence of communication from the seller, I'll be letting this one go.

Last edited:
Maybe they guy was a newbie when it came to using Paypal possibly chameleons. First couple times using Paypal out here in the country side were a bit nerve racking for me. I was not 100% confident and am not 100% confident today with the protection the provide. There are other forms of secure payment that could be agreed upon. This guy is obviously not a well known keeper/breeder to the Chameleon Forums. Someone should talk with him though about his Bradypodion though.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Just for the record, PayPal is super safe, it’s the preferred payment method for all of eBay which is huge. BUT. And there is a huge BUT here...there is an unspoken rule amongst the live animal trade that people pay as a ‘friends and family’ transfer because it’s fee free.

This method is complete unprotected for the buyer. There is a lot of implied trust between people who may have never dealt with each other before. For the most part I think things do work out fine but in the event they don’t, PayPal offers basically zero support because neither party used it appropriately. I personally don’t deal with people who don’t take PayPal. It’s one of my personal red flags.

Just for the record, PayPal is super safe, it’s the preferred payment method for all of eBay which is huge. BUT. And there is a huge BUT here...there is an unspoken rule amongst the live animal trade that people pay as a ‘friends and family’ transfer because it’s fee free.

This method is complete unprotected for the buyer. There is a lot of implied trust between people who may have never dealt with each other before. For the most part I think things do work out fine but in the event they don’t, PayPal offers basically zero support because neither party used it appropriately. I personally don’t deal with people who don’t take PayPal. It’s one of my personal red flags.

Joe

There are good protected payment options other than Paypal (major credit cards, money orders and etc..) out there and that is what is important. Stay with what you have confidence with.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Joe

There are good protected payment options other than Paypal (major credit cards, money orders and etc..) out there and that is what is important. Stay with what you have confidence with.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

I’d love it if more sellers took credit card, that would be gold standard I think as far as security goes. I think many avoid it because of the fees, same as with PayPal. I learned recently that PayPal actually has a feature where by a buyer can pay by credit to someone who has a PayPal account but isn’t able to directly take credit card. Not sure how the fees work in such a case for the seller though.

Back
Top Bottom